Hacking EZ4 lite and loader file

dave43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get the bin file to load. I don't have the superkey in and I copied the bin file to the sd card. When I power up the ds and hold the R trigger...nothing happens. Help.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why w/o the Superkey? Is your DS flashed? If not and you aren't using some sort of passme that's likely your problem.

I haven't tried updating the EZ4's firmware in GBA mode but I would thing you can given that an EZ4 works in a GBA. The only reason an th lite wouldn't work in a GBA is the form factor. I suspect, though, that to update the EZ4 in GBA on a DS all you would have to do is select the "Start GBA game." off the DS's menu and hold down the R button... Oh, hell, let me just...

Yeah, it works. Go to the DS menu hold down R and select the GBA cart. Of course this is on my EZ4 (non-lite), but it should be the same on the lite as they use the same firmware.

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is the correct way to upgrade software on the lite version ive had to flash many times and still no ds game boots =[

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do have a passme of some sort, yes? If not, your Lite is flashed, right? Sorry to be obvious but... Well you know.

Anyway, the two other things I can think of that may be your problem are:

1) The ROM images you have are bad or non-clean dumps
2) You are just copying them to your SD. You need to use the EZ4 client to patch them first before you put them on the SD.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
OH, and don't forget that only the latest loader supports the Superkey. So it will only work in DS mode after you've updated the loader to 1.66.

dave43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file did load...there was no way for me to know it was succesful though. It works fine now I just wish there was a sound or something to let you know the file was flashed.

meat_puppet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did u boot up th EZ F in GBA mode. I was having problems updating too, but I booted it up in GBA mode and held down R as soon as I saw the flashing GBA intro and it installed the new kernel.

NickSoapdish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I had the EZflash Lite in the slot and booted up, nothing happened for me either. I had to select the GBA card from the main DS menu. I held down R when I selected GBA and then it went through a loading screen that gave me the update progress (in percent). I did not have the SuperKey in the slot either, just the EZflash lite card. Hope this helps.

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In order to update the EZ4 Kernel, copy the ezfla_up.bin file to the root directory of your miniSD. This should be done using Windows Explorer, not the EZ4 Client. Make sure you take out the passme device, the flash application is a GBA program. Then hold down the "R" trigger button and power on your NDS/GBA. The EZ4 will then update it's internal ROM to the latest Kernel. After flashing the EZ4 the ezfla_up.bin file may be deleted from your miniSD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."