FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Visiting the ezflash.cn forums I saw Windirt (the admin there and US forum rep) posted a new beta loader using many of the updates suggested in the what do you want to see in the new loader thread from a while back (icons, moonshell directly in loader).

I must stress that it is a beta loader with much functionality missing and really only worthwhile for the curious.

Courtesy of cory1492's mirror I got the file (a cable responsible for much of Asia's outside internet went down over the new year meaning Chinese internet is not exactly reliable at this point) and tried it out and was pleasantly surprised, despite not playing DS too well (DS save issues, sound issues (no sound for the games I tried), no GBA support from DS loader and some roms not working that were before) it is a nice glimpse at a potential route for the loader to go.

I already had a moonshell shell folder on the card with altered ini files and such but tried it out a video (my old trustworthy DPG0 video that I use to test that strains all but the best performers) and it ran nicely and as I already mentioned it has nice icons for DS roms (which are listed on the top screen) with the icon and internal name (the first internal name not the one with the icon) displayed on the bottom screen.

WARNING THIS IS A BETA: BACK UP YOUR SAVES AND IMPORTANT FILES

New version (15th of January), feel free to share the file and link.
http://www.4shared.com/file/8898252/ac0df8...1168842886.html

Old versions
my mirror (feel free to share although I do suggest making everyone aware that it is a beta):
http://www.4shared.com/file/8747918/75445d...uary07beta.html
cory1492's mirror (probably better to use mine)
http://nds.cmamod.com/ez4/ezfla_up_1168515446.rar
original link:
ezflash.cn forums
WARNING THIS IS A BETA: BACK UP YOUR SAVES AND IMPORTANT FILES

I will test some more out and report back.

update: MP3 and oog playback seems pretty good too.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I copied and pasted and did not realise how big it was here, it has to be done though as I had got 400 odd replies when I post beta stuff in the past saying ZOMG this brookkorz my (fla5h karrrt/m0nk3y/ d0nk3y/lif3....) unless I put the odl one on, I hold you repsonsibl2l for the death of mny cat.

On an unrelated not here is a new beta that should fix some of the issues with the original version:
http://www.4shared.com/file/8898252/ac0df8...1168842886.html

You will need a moonshell shell folder on the memory card for it to work too.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this new beta loader look like the ez5 loader? or does it still look like the ez4 loader with those added options on the side that were never coded into the loader (just fake icons) finally implemented? anyone have a screenshot of what it looks like? (im still using 1.70 loader and havent had any issues with any of the games i like to play)

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah the new loader looks like the EZ5 one i.e. like moonshell although you can not access the NOR section from DS mode (the GBA loader is unchanged).
At this time the only real point to it though is if you are curious about things.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea if it becomes final i'll definitely download it...but for now i think im happy with the 1.70 loader...hasnt given me any problems

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
well i just perfected my normal loader skin so i won't change over until a bugless final comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there