EZ4 batch patching possible?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by codezer0, Mar 17, 2011.

Mar 17, 2011
  1. codezer0
    OP

Member codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    Okay, just a few questions if I may.

Got a buttload of roms for the GBA I'd like to play with on my EZ4. And simply, the EZ4 client it comes with is going to take way too long having to patch each game one at a time. Is there any way I can sort of "batch process" patching the games so they're ready to go/play on the cart; ideally, with the associated .cht files?

Secondly, saw the cheat code database (where I got the collection of .cht files), and saw some trainer files in there as well. How do I get those in so that the EZ4 will be able to load them up as well? I know the EZ client doesn't recognize them directly... do I just drag and drop with the patched rom and it loads it up then?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    EZ4client has batch abilities (select a bunch of games when you press the open button for a rom)- only thing to note is do not use games that are not in the name list which nearly all of them bar the newest and a good chunk of homebrew (most homebrew does not have the required header data) should be (how many games have been released for the GBA of late?) as they have a tendency to overwrite each other by using the same name.

Failing that a couple of tools from Trolleydave had batch save patching abilities, nothing else for batch work ever really came about for the GBA (we had this problem in a thread some years back and there was nothing- not even a decent command line program you could abuse).

EZ4 cheats- unreliable in my experience so I usually avoid them.
    We do have GBAATM though so that is what most people use.

These cht files, they probably are CHT format files but be aware as they might still be cobbled together from AR, CBA GS cheats and not raw cheats (see stuff like CBAcrypt and ARcrypt) or otherwise be broken (the cht format varied a bit from team to team). GBA cheats were never as organised as the likes of the DS is. There is a half decent collection that got a bit of cleanup on the GBAtemp cheat section though http://cheats.gbatemp.net/GBA/
    Likewise I am not sure if you can fiddle with cheats when using the batch abilities of the client.

Trainers are usually IPS patches for games (most GBA trainers are trainers in the traditional sense- selection menus at launch and all). You apply these like any other IPS patch ( http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm has IPS abilities and there are loads more at http://www.romhacking.net/?category=2&...itle=&desc=

3. codezer0
    OP

Member codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    As I said, I got the .cht files from here on GBATemp. Those are what I'm using now.

I tried basiclaly just selecting all the US roms in the directory I made for 'em, but then the client just gives me a blank box with a open brace as the only entry. It's like it won't even try to do it. [​IMG]