Hacking EZ PS4 Downporter - Downport any PS4 Game to 5.05 with a few clicks - No HEX Edit

noob404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guinea
Since zecoxao revealed the way to downport PS4 games to 5.05 and flatz released Python scripts to automate parts of the process, many tools have arrived on the scene which help you downport 6.72 and 5.05+ games. Here's my contribution - Noob404's EZ PS4 Downporter. Using this tool, you can downport any PS4 game with just a few clicks. And, no coding or HEX editing required! 95% of the process has been automated.

FNV1HGi.png

The trickiest part was dealing with the .prx modules as each game has a different location for the prx files and some games have prx modules that aren't found in other games. But, EZ PS4 Downported has a workaround for that too.

UPDATE: Noob404 1Click Downporter

Pre-requisites
  1. Windows Machine.
  2. Python 2.7.18.
  3. .Net Framework 4.61.
  4. Fake PKG.
Download EZ PS4 Downporter
Code:
https://www.mirrored.to/files/10TODRQY/Noob404_EZ_PS4_Downporter_1.0.7z_links

VIDEO TUTORIAL - Downport PS4 Game using Noob404's EZ PS4 Downporter

How to downport any PS4 Game using Noob404's EZ PS4 Downporter

Follow these steps to have a working 5.05 downported PKG within a few clicks.
  1. Extract Noob404's EZ PS4 Downporter.7z.
  2. Click on the program.exe.
  3. Click Create Required Folders. This will create 3 folders - Source, Working, Output.
  4. Copy your PKG into Source and rename it as input.pkg. (IMPORTANT)
  5. On the Program, click on Step 1. It will complete automatically. Press on any key to continue.
  6. Browse to Working > Image0 and search for prx files. Make a note of all folders which have prx files.
  7. Go to first folder eg:- sce_modules and move (CtrlX-CtrlV) all prx files to ModDgr folder in the EZ PS4 Downporter Folder.
  8. Click on Step 2 in EZ PS4 Downporter. Once complete, move the prx files (which have been downported) from ModDgr to original folder, eg:- sce_modules.
  9. Repeat the process for every folder which has prx files i.e., move prx files to ModDgr > Click on Step 2 > Move prx files back from ModDgr to original folder.
  10. Click on gengp4.exe and browse to Image0 folder. Click Generate .GP4 and then Save .GP4. Save the GP4 in the Working folder as output.gp4. (IMPORTANT)
  11. On the Downporter, click on Step 4. Wait for the PKG to compile. Progress will be shown in the CMD window.
  12. Find the downported PKG in Output folder.
  13. Run HEN on 5.05 and install and play!
Noob friendly Tutorial
If you want a completely noob friendly Tutorial, you can check my blog post here or watch the video above.

Dealing with prx modules
As already mentioned, it's a difficult part. To see what I mean, watch the video. I have automated 95% of that process too. But, in the future, I will try to completely automate the whole process.

DONATION
If you like my work and would love to support me, consider making a donation at https://ko-fi.com/noob404.

Credits
zecoxao for donwporting steps.
flatz for Python scripts.
Fake PKG Generator Tools Team.
And others....

Last edited by noob404,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent and very simple tool but I am staying with 5.05 until 6.72 is fully or nearly fully stable. I rather to keep 5.05 games in clean version as well as 6.72 games too. Don't want to ported it to 5.05 at all.

Reactions: noob404

noob404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guinea
Excellent and very simple tool but I am staying with 5.05 until 6.72 is fully or nearly fully stable. I rather to keep 5.05 games in clean version as well as 6.72 games too. Don't want to ported it to 5.05 at all.

Thanks, man! It's been a long time since I played games on my PS4 (Irony) esp since Linux. I have always been interested in the development part.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does this work to downport games above 6.72?

When dumps for games above 6.72 become available, this might work for that too. Can say only after taking a look at the eboot, param.sfo and prx structure for 6.72+ games. If they have changed, then minor modifications might be required.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, man! It's been a long time since I played games on my PS4 (Irony) esp since Linux. I have always been interested in the development part.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When dumps for games above 6.72 become available, this might work for that too. Can say only after taking a look at the eboot, param.sfo and prx structure for 6.72+ games. If they have changed, then minor modifications might be required.
Holy shait! That seems promising... But now to the question if people are able to dump 6.72 games...

Ody1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just tried it... everything was going fine until step 4. Got error.... saying something along the lines of couldn't open or find output.gp4. It closed the window and the working folder was deleted. So back to step 1 :)

edit.. I saved .gp4 in step 3 to custom.gp4 ... should it have been output.gp4 ?

Last edited by Ody1977,

noob404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guinea
Just tried it... everything was going fine until step 4. Error something along the lines of couldn't open or find output.gp4. It closed the window and the working folder was deleted. So back to step 1 :)

I am really sorry for this. Please make sure that you have saved the GP4 generated with gengp4 as output.gp4 in the folder named Working. Then run Step 4.
And, please let me know if it works for you after that.
I will fix the deletion problem in the next update. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: Ody1977

Ody1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am really sorry for this. Please make sure that you have saved the GP4 generated with gengp4 as output.gp4 in the folder named Working. Then run Step 4.
And, please let me know if it works for you after that.
I will fix the deletion problem in the next update. Thanks for the feedback.

Will let you know... just doing step 1. Thanks

I was following your guide (can't link) so you might have to edit it to say output.gp4 instead of custom.gp4

Edit.. Do the .sprx files need to be downported too? Or just the .prx?

Last edited by Ody1977,

noob404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guinea
Will let you know... just doing step 1. Thanks

I was following your guide (can't link) so you might have to edit it to say output.gp4 instead of custom.gp4

Edit.. Do the .sprx files need to be downported too? Or just the .prx?

Totally my bad, dude. So sorry. I just fixed it. It was written at the initial stage, where I had coded the program to look for custom.
Thanks for letting me know.

noob404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guinea
No worries... step 4 is working fine now. It's creating the .pkg :)

Your PC seems to be good. It took me almost 2-3 hours each on Step 1 and 4. Thanks to my slow PC. I could have released the software yesterday itself if it weren't for my slow laptop. Had to test it with atleast 4-5 PKGs before releasing to public.

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
in my opinion python shouldnt be a requisite. The tool must be an end point, so if you can compile the pythorn requisites to avoid that, it will be very good.

noob404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guinea
Reactions: mr_robot and Fgamer

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice, thx for the work.
Does a downported game have any problems if it is later played on 6.72 ?
Also, does someone know if there is a write up why games with a higher FW required than HEN can't be dumped?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water