EZ IV to DS?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by RoboClover, May 26, 2008.

May 26, 2008

EZ IV to DS? by RoboClover at 6:28 PM (822 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. RoboClover
    OP

Newcomer RoboClover Advanced Member

United States
    So after a bit of headache i got my hands on a my friend's old DS. It is essentially new; he almost never played it. So im thinking finally! i got my DS! so happy! But i was so worried about the getting of the DS itself and was so spoiled and used to just flashing games onto my GBA i hadnt thought about buying games [​IMG]...Anyways, i'm broke and until such a time as i come into some money i'm stuck with warioware touched. So, i looked at my EZ IV and wondered about using it on the DS...is that doable? Like to use it for DS games in the same way i use it for GBA? Is there some kind of other hardware i need? Or do i just need different software for the card? I cant figure out how to boot the card in "DS Mode"...anything special i need to do for that? Please note that im a complete noob for DS stuff and not a whole lot better on GBA; my last big thing was i got it to play music. This EZ IV thing is of course temporary until i get a new, more DS-specific card...Any recommendations on one of those? I just want it for games and it should have some good multimedia capabilities.

Thanks guys

2. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Yes you can play DS games with EZFlash IV. It was actually designed to play DS games.

But you need to flash your DS with FlashMe or buy a PassMe in order to do so.

I recommend FlashMe.

3. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    With your EZ IV, you could buy a passcard/me or something so it will work with DS mode. You can only use 2 GB mini/microSD cards though. A passcard/me is really cheap though. I think you'll still have to use the client though but I'm not srue. I'm also not sure if certain ones work with each other.
    Here is one that I know of w/ fast shipping 3 or less days in US: Passcard 3 Shipping will cost about 6-8 bucks though.
    SuperKey

4. Jack-Of-Trades

Member Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If i was you i would just a Slot1 card that has a passme feature
    Since using slot 2 (gba) to play Slot 1 (nds) games have speed/other issues

But regardless a passcard or a slot1 card is needed since you need one of those to use flashme and what not