EZ IV Lite Deluxe and 3in1

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Madridi, Jun 30, 2008.

Jun 30, 2008

EZ IV Lite Deluxe and 3in1 by Madridi at 1:01 AM (1,145 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Madridi
    OP

Member Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    3in1:

1- How do I delete games from nor?

EZ IV lite deluxe:

1- What exactly should be on my microSD? just the games?
    2- What does the client do? should that be placed on the microSD?
    3- What about the EZ4Patch.dll, should that be on the micro SD?
    (To simplify, can someone show me the structure of the microSD for EZ IV lite deluxe?)

I would appreciate the help, thanks in advance

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    3 in 1: consult whichever tool you are using I am afraid. Worst case scenario you write a 32 meg 00 file.

EZ4
    1. A saver directory (automatically made when you use the EZ4 software).
    Other than that it is up to you, only 80 files per directory + usual FAT16 limitations (no more than 8 directories deep and 256 chars in path) though.
    Some homebrew code might need other directories and files (DS homebrew especially).

2. It takes roms, identifies them (GBA use a header based check while the DS uses CRC,note however this is just a nice touch and you can still add a name in the box on the top left of the app) and finally sends them to your microSD card.
    I keep a cut down version (the app, the language files and required DLL files) on my microSD in the event I find myself at another computer but you do not have to have it there.

3. Rather than put out a new client each time the EZTeam release an updated patch file. Replace the old with the new nothing more.

3. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    EZ IV:
    You should first update your firmware to the latest version if you haven't done so already.

The EZ4 client patches all the games so that they'll be able to save and execute correctly on your DS. It also writes the games to the microSD with their saves. The EZ4 client doesn't have to be on your microSD as it's only needed when you're patching games to work with your EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe.
    All the games that you want to play on your EZ Flash IV has to be patched by the EZ4 client or they may not be able to save or run at all.

The EZ4Patch.dll should be placed in the same folder as you have the EZ4client in. It contains information on how the client shall patch games.

I would also recommend you to visit the EZ Flash forum to learn more.

4. Madridi
    OP

Qatar
    Alright thanks guys, I understood all the answers related to EZIV

@Fast6191: I didnt understand what you said about the 3in1
    for example, I have a fire emblem sacred stones written to nor (32mb), How can I delete that?

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    AFAIK there is no software with a function specifically for deleting a game from the 3-in-1's NOR, as there is really no call for it.

If you want the data gone, either create a blank 32MB file, name it something.gba and flash it to NOR, or start flashing a 32MB game to NOR and turn the system off as soon as the erase process hits 100% (before the write process begins).

6. Madridi
    OP

Qatar
    Alright I understood that thanks [​IMG]

btw, isnt the the EZIV supposed to be able to have games on nor mode (yes I know thats not needed because it can have up to 32mb psram, but its possible right?)
    If so, how can I do that?

7. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Highlight a game and press Select.

8. Madridi
    OP

Qatar
    Thanks I'll try that:)

Thanks for helping everyone