Hacking EZ-IV kernel 1.75 (SDHC for EZ4)...new ez-iv version released...."soon"....

imdumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please help,

i bought a new EZ Flash IV micro SDHC and downloaded the newest Kernel (1.75), but although i patched every single ROM with the EZ IV Client the card does not write the SRAM save on the micro SDHC after resetting the GBA and all the progress is gone. Loading VBA save files works perfectly. Also the save does not vanish if i softreset the GBA which means SRAM saving does also work. Only once i used an unpatched ROM which used SRAM-saving anyways and the game saved on the micro SDHC but the save disappeared after restarting the GBA. Does someone have any ideas? Thank you very much in advance.

www.flashlinker-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rbenda.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No need for a second battery. The first possible message is "battery dry or first in"...after using for a while it will work for years. Never had to replace a battery...and if you would have to replace the battery by soldering after ~5 years, you can be sure...the replace battery is dry, too.

160R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No need for a second battery. The first possible message is "battery dry or first in"...after using for a while it will work for years. Never had to replace a battery...and if you would have to replace the battery by soldering after ~5 years, you can be sure...the replace battery is dry, too.

Yes, when using EZ-Flash for first time, it will possibly display "battery dry" message, you can ignore it.

But as user of this card for years, I know for sure that "battery dry" message shows again after years when battery is wasted and you can't save in the meanwhile.

The way to fix it is replacing it by a new one, and this special battery is a bit tricky to find, so glad to see Chollomedia includes a reaplacement one so you can keep using it once battery dries for real. And no, obviously the additional battery won't waste if you don't use it.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight... Do people actually play their game, save to SRAM, then just turn off the gameboy, in hopes the battery will hold the save until they play again? Because even when the battery is deader than dead, you can to a fast Off/On (hard reset) and the save will still write to the SD card just fine. I do that fast hard reset after every game I stop playing, just so my save actually GETS SAVED!

160R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So let me get this straight... Do oleo actually play their game, save to SRAM, then just turn off the gameboy, in hopes the battery will hold the save until they play again? Because even when the battery is deader than dead, you can to a fast Off/On (hard reset) and the save will still write to the SD card just fine. I do that fast hard reset after every game I stop playing, just so my save actually GETS SAVED!

Exactly, when battery becomes dry, you can copy the save to SD memory, then replace the battery and keep playing with the old saves and new battery :yaysp:

Reactions: Jayro

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not true, you can find it for sale here.

Better price and additional battery included to avoid save problems with "battery dry" message.

Exactly how is Spain local to Canada?

What is true for one person can be false for somebody else. True for you, false for dragonblood. His choices are chinese vendors, unless he wants to pay for 30-40 dollars in snail mail shipping cost on top of item cost from chollomedia.

160R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really? Did the test and after add EZ Flash IV microSD to basket, worldwide shipping at chollomedia.es online store is less than 2.5$

So WTF are you talking about 30-40$ shipping?

www.flashlinker-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rbenda.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Doesn'
Really? Did the test and after add EZ Flash IV microSD to basket, worldwide shipping at chollomedia.es online store is less than 2.5$

Doesn't matter anyway, i think/guess. If it seems to be a commercial advertisement (it looks like this) the admins may have a problem with it. Different sources for the card are already known.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Shipping from EU to US cost that much. And that is shipping postal. That is the average cost from shop01media.com or any other EU vendor to ship to the US.
Just because it is cheap for you to get for shipping, is not cheap shipping for someone else in North America or South America.

---

Some EU vendors will only use EMS Door-to-door shipping costs for sending to the US.
This is what cost around 30-40 bucks in shipping cost.

Here is an example of ordering from shop01media shipping to US, a while back EMS Door-to-door was the only option from them.
Untitled3.png

160R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whatever... :rolleyes:

U73am5P.jpg

I often order from aboard like China or the US, and worldwide shipping for small items is not expensive as you think.

So your words stating ordering EZ-Flash IV from an online store is 30-40$ worldwide shipping, definetely makes no sense. Proof above ;)

Total New EZ Flash IV microSD + additional replacement battery + worldwide shipping = about 35$ after credit card payment automatic currency change.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to replace my battery *immediately*. The battery smelled in the way that leaky batteries typically do and I had to put in a new one. It is not made so that batteries are easy to replace and, since I don't know how to solder very well, had to take the new battery and cut two thin strips of duct tape to wrap around it and the piece inside to make sure the battery stayed connected. Also, the flash cart never quite closed properly after I put the battery in, although it closed well enough that I could use it.

160R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You forgot to convert Euro to dollar, that is why.

dfxWbII.jpg

Anything else? :rolleyes:

His choices are chinese vendors, unless he wants to pay for 30-40 dollars in snail mail shipping cost on top of item cost from chollomedia.

So your words stating ordering EZ-Flash IV from an online store is 30-40$ worldwide shipping, definetely makes no sense. Proof above ;)

Total New EZ Flash IV microSD + additional replacement battery + worldwide shipping = about 35$ after credit card payment automatic currency change.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
[ IMG]
Anything else? :rolleyes:

Banks and payment processors use a rolling average to calculate the conversion rate where the rates are in favor of them not you, not those free websites where they use the current daily average.

Are you that dumb to think that the conversion rates are going to be near 1:1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday