Hacking EZ-Flat IV 2.05 - A skin for your EZ-Flash IV card (Kernel 2.05)

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i didn't bothered to upgrade ever since because i am not to being bothered with the keyset thing and its compatibility issues that appeared in the latter firmware
The issue is the GSS-patching which you can disable in 2.05 entirely via the keyset.cfg. The EZ-Flash will still apply the savegame patches (i.e. no need to patch the ROMs with the crappy PC software, just slap the No-Intro roms on there).

but damn, this auto patching and faster loading in the 2.01 and later is really great.. i might try this newer firmware 2.05 but heh, "why fix what is not broken"
Seein as you are using 2.01 your ROMs are probably already patched. At that point there is no real need for you to update, 2.05 is not faster at loading ROMs than 2.01, the compatibility is only slightly improved due to the 2.03 firmware (iirc) introducing some AP patches for games like the NES Classic Series, Legacy Of Goku titles etc..

Invader TAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great skin! But just wondering, are there any other KEYSET.CFG GSS exclusions that are worth adding on top of the three you already included?

Localhorst86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great skin! But just wondering, are there any other KEYSET.CFG GSS exclusions that are worth adding on top of the three you already included?
Any games that crash with GSS enabled (which are a lot)
I have disabled GSS on my EZ-Flash IV and EZ-Flash Reform carts entirely via the keyset.cfg to maximize compatibility, I do not care for in-game-reset myself and therefore did not extend the list.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Invader TAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any games that crash with GSS enabled (which are a lot)
I have disabled GSS on my EZ-Flash IV and EZ-Flash Reform carts entirely via the keyset.cfg to maximize compatibility, I do not care for in-game-reset.
Yeah I currently have it disabled as well. I'll probably just leave it disabled as well because I have quite a few games loaded on the micro SD and I don't wanna have to go through each one just to see how they react to GSS.

Localhorst86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It does work. If it's not working there's something you're not doing right.

1. Make sure that you're using clean ROMs, preferably from the no-intro set.
2. Do not patch them using any sort of Software for the PC (i.e. gbata or EZ-Flash Client)
3. Double check that the "DISABLE_GSS" flag in the keyset.cfg file is set to 0 (DISABLE_GSS = 0)
4. Verify that the game you're trying to soft reset is not listed at the very end of the keyset.cfg file.
5. If the "USE_KEYSET" flag is set to '1', take note of the Button combination in the keyset.cfg file. If it is set to '0', the button combination is "L+Up+B"

Reactions: zfreeman

epyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great work dude. But I can't update to 2.05.
I always on the black screen and nothing happens. What's the problem? Help me!!!!

Localhorst86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great work dude. But I can't update to 2.05.
I always on the black screen and nothing happens. What's the problem? Help me!!!!

-Does the update not work or did the update install properly and now the card doesn't boot anymore?
-How do you launch the update?
-What EZ-Flash Version are you using (miniSD, MicroSD, Reform)?
-What SD Card are you using (Brand, Size, Class)

epyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
-Does the update not work or did the update install properly and now the card doesn't boot anymore?
-How do you launch the update?
-What EZ-Flash Version are you using (miniSD, MicroSD, Reform)?
-What SD Card are you using (Brand, Size, Class)

The update process not work.
I've the miniSD version.
My microSD: Sandisk 16GB Class 4.

xchris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am sorry to say this, but definitely, the keys are not working (EZ Flash IV , transparent case).

edit: its working while loading roms via the miniSD not the microSD (via miniSD adapter) weird, need to
do some tests with other microSD's

Last edited by xchris,

Localhorst86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am sorry to say this, but definitely, the keys are not working (EZ Flash IV , transparent case).

edit: its working while loading roms via the miniSD not the microSD (via miniSD adapter) weird, need to
do some tests with other microSD's
Since a lot of people reported successfully using it on their EZ Flash IV mini version, I assume there's something else wrong here.

Reactions: MrCokeacola

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It does work. If it's not working there's something you're not doing right.
2. Do not patch them using any sort of Software for the PC (i.e. gbata or EZ-Flash Client)
3. Double check that the "DISABLE_GSS" flag in the keyset.cfg file is set to 0 (DISABLE_GSS = 0)
5. If the "USE_KEYSET" flag is set to '1', take note of the Button combination in the keyset.cfg file. If it is set to '0', the button combination is "L+Up+B"

Hello.:)

Thank you for the nice Skin and the keyset File.

After I followed these "rules" now it finally works.:yaysp:
I always use(d) the EZ Client for the File Transfers.:(

Thank you.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end