OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Which is better?

EZ Flash V Plus+ EZ Flash 3in1 or Supercard DSTwo

I want to play, and use cheats for DS and GBA ROMs.

The only difference i see is that the using the supercard dstwo i only need one card while the EZ flash combo needs two cards. However with regards to the price of the cards here in my country (yes i know they're very expensive but the price includes tax.. T_T ), the Supercard DSTwo costs about $50.68 while the EZFlash combo costs about $57.59.

Right now i have a R4-sdhc, should i just get a Supercard MiniSD? Thanks Again.
thanks

Solution
@KidIce: i wouldn't call it a fair amount. i can think of 3 projects that require it and 2 that can use it but it didn't really matter or help compatibility all that much. 5 out of the 200-300 projects isn't really a "fair" amount... to be fair =P.

if you want to mess around with over 400 gba homebrew projects you are going to want hardware and not emulation. so go with the ez flash products. keep in mind the 3in1 can be used with pretty much any slot-1 thanks to gba exploader. most slot-1 softwares have their own native flashing as well.

most of the best gba homebrew would be emulators and they won't run that well inside of emulation, which is what would happen on the scds2.

scds2 has a better nds rom compatibility and the in-game...

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For GBA games the EZV and 3 in 1 is the better way to go. There is also a fair amount of homebrew that takes advantage of the extra RAM in the 3 in 1.

But the SCDS2 is going to be superior for just about any emulator or application if they are utilizing it's CPU and RAM.

Really, it depends on what you plan on doing w/ the carts and what support there is for each device.

NintyNerd96

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The way I see it is if you want to play mainly GBA games then go with EZ flash

If you want to go mainly with DS games then go with SCDS2.

What I know about them is that scds2 is by far the best for AP and such because (as far as i know) not one game has needed a patch.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@KidIce: i wouldn't call it a fair amount. i can think of 3 projects that require it and 2 that can use it but it didn't really matter or help compatibility all that much. 5 out of the 200-300 projects isn't really a "fair" amount... to be fair =P.

if you want to mess around with over 400 gba homebrew projects you are going to want hardware and not emulation. so go with the ez flash products. keep in mind the 3in1 can be used with pretty much any slot-1 thanks to gba exploader. most slot-1 softwares have their own native flashing as well.

most of the best gba homebrew would be emulators and they won't run that well inside of emulation, which is what would happen on the scds2.

scds2 has a better nds rom compatibility and the in-game menu is better. its a great kit but it tends to eat the battery a bit more. using my xl on brightness level 3 i get about 4-5 hours with the scds2. with the ak2i i get about 5-6 hours.

as for gba games, the scds2 emu has a pretty good compatibility but it isn't perfect. in theory, as long as the save type is patched, any file should work on the 3in1 as its actual hardware.

there are times when its nice to have gba in slot-1 and times that its nice to have a slot-2 device (be it older ds.gba homebrew, or just for higher compatibility). if you can save up you would probably enjoy owning both.

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1