EZ-Flash V - N00b -> Help Required

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by 0xCAFE, May 22, 2007.

May 22, 2007
  1. 0xCAFE
    OP

Newcomer 0xCAFE Member

Canada
    Hi,

First topic here! [​IMG]

I want to buy the EZ-Flash V (white edition if it ever comes out) and I want to make the best purchase possible. So I need confirmation from you guys that what I am about to accomplish is done right.

1) I want an EZV 3-in-1 bundle because of expansion RAM and GBA support. I will also use it to run homebrews. Is this the best choice ? I heard about R4DS being very good also. R4DS or EZV?

2) Memory card! What should I get ? I know about Kingston from Japan and they are fast enough. I wanted a 2GB card, but I heard they are not fast enough, is that true ? Also, I have the following brands available, are they good stuff or stay-way-from-them stuff ? OC-Z Tech, Patriot, A-DATA, KingMax, PNY and GXT to name a few.

3) Are there any good benchmarking sites where we know the exact read/write speeds of MicroSD cards ? And what is the required read speed for games like Castlevania PoR to run smoothly ?

4) Anybody know when the EZV White Edition will come out ?

5) I am from Canada and where can I buy DS flash cards ? I know about Kick Gaming, but what about others that are reliable and ship to Canada ?

Pheew! That was long. I don't expect an answer in 2 minutes, but any help would be welcome.

Thanks!
    0xCAFE

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    2) Kingston and PNY (manufactured in Japan) are the ones people recommend if you're expecting POR to run smoothly. I don't know about the 2GB cards.

3) Probably not a comprehensive list, but it's a start.
    http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/EZ-FLASH...h_Compatibility
    http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.php?title=EZFlash_V

4) The white DS-Lite sized 3-in-1's are just starting to appear in stores this week and are already on sale in some (there's a thread here somewhere). I haven't heard anything about them doing the DS cart EZ-V in white, I think that part only comes in black.

3. 0xCAFE
    OP

Newcomer 0xCAFE Member

Canada
    Thanks Psyfira!

I think I will stick with Kingston (Made in Japan), I found a good deal at DealExtreme for 13$ shipped.

As for the EZV in white, I know that it's only the GBA cover that is white [​IMG]
    I will wait some more and see if Kick Gaming is offering it.

0xCAFE

4. nuhbiwan79

Newcomer nuhbiwan79 Advanced Member

Turkey
    1. don´t know, never gave r4ds a try. ez-flash works perfectly for me.
    2.brand doesn´t matter when you patch you games with the hybrid tool. my 2gb adata card works flawlessly.
    3.you can use any pc harddrive benchmark tool to read speeds. castlevania work great on speedsetting 5 on my ezv.
    4.somebody knows for sure, but i don´t
    5.well, if you want to order more than one ez i can recommend you winsunx. ordered several times to germany and got em in 3-4 days. they have the best prices aswell.

5. Xeijin

Member Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    You can get the White EZ-V 3-in-1 from HERE as far as I know they've had 'em for a while now. Good price too.

6. 0xCAFE
    OP

Newcomer 0xCAFE Member

Canada
    Thanks all for your comments, very appreciated!

[​IMG]

7. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Gamersection.ca is a good reliable Candian site. [​IMG]

8. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    I haven't needed to use hybrid on my AData 2 GB w/ anything I've put on it, but I haven't tried it w/ C:POR as I own the retail version (and all the sweet pre-order loot). [​IMG]