nando

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hello, quick question. does the ex flash v support running gameboy games in psram? if so how do i do it? all i seem able to do is run it in NOR mode which is a pain

i'm using it with an ez 3n1

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They only just added this feature in the latest beta loader. I think it's kind of an embarrassment that several other flashcart companies supported the 3-in-1 better than the EZ Team for so long, but at least they're getting their act together now.

You can find the latest loader and info about using it at the EZ-Flash USA Forum.

nando

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thank you that's good to hear. the multi rom in nor sounds good - but i'm afraid it will confuse my kid further. i just showed him how to use the gba loader instead, do you think he is better off with gba? people seem to be complaining about loading speeds.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you're asking there, but I always use GBA ExpLoader to manage my 3-in-1. It's quite simple to use, and it handles SRAM patching automatically. If you go that route you should disable the multi-save feature (you just edit the .ini file in a text editor and remove the # from the appropriate line) to avoid confusion.

Another thing you should know is that the EZ4 Client and the 3in1 tool (not to be confused with the 3in1 ExpPack Tool) should not be used on roms that might be played from PSRAM, or lost saves will result. Either use a loader that handles SRAM patching automatically, or patch the games with GBATA instead of the EZ4 Client.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte