EZ Flash V 3-in-One or the Supercard Lite?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Opalinesque, Nov 17, 2008.

Nov 17, 2008
  1. Opalinesque
    OP

Newcomer Opalinesque Newbie

United States
    Hi! Forum noob here (although not new to the flashcart scene by a long shot). I recently decided to upgrade from a G6 Lite 4Gb to a CycloDS for DS games and a Slot-2 device of some sort for GBA. I've decided that I'm probably going to go for either an EZ Flash 3-in-one or the Supercard Lite, but I can't decide which of the two to go for! Any opinions (by which I mean actual pros and cons rather than "ZOMG THAT FLASHCART SUX DON'T GET IT")?

While I'm at it, does the NDS-GBA Linkage work between a Slot-1 and a Slot-2 device? Thanks for the advice, guys!

2. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The only gripe I have with the 3-in-1 is that my battery died after a year and it won't save any more.

But besides that, I'm pretty sure the Supercard has issues and slowdowns with some games. Or at least, older ones did. Not sure about the Lite.

And the GBA-DS linkage worked fine with the 3-in-1.

Just keep in mind that if you use the 3-in-1 with any slot-1 card other than an EZ Flash, you'll have to use the Rudolf's GBAexploader DS application to write GBA roms.

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    The SuperCard is not too good for GBA support. The 3in1 is really good, and cheap as well. On top of that, the CycloDS Evolution can use the 3in1 to launch GBA roms from Slot-1. For me, there's no doubt that the 3in1 is better.

4. Opalinesque
    OP

Newcomer Opalinesque Newbie

United States
    Took a closer look at the EZFlash, and decided that it was the way to go. Kind of funny though... it's like I'm switching from having all of the games on a Slot-2 being loaded into Slot-1 into the other way around XD But yeah, it was the linkage that decided me- I like my Pokemon games too much not to have it. Even if the battery dies, I can get a cheap replacement on dealextreme. Thanks for your input!

5. santorix10

Member santorix10 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That sucks, at least batteries are relatively easy to replace...