EZ-Flash V 3 in 1

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by El_Taco, Jun 22, 2009.

Jun 22, 2009

EZ-Flash V 3 in 1 by El_Taco at 9:29 PM (1,593 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. El_Taco
    OP

Member El_Taco GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Hello
    I was thinking of changing my old m3 sd/EZ pass(yeah the hudge one), for the EZ-Flash V, but I got few questions about it :

1) I would like to know if you can use the GBA expansion as a stand alone(slot-2 only)on a GB micro for exemple or does it only work with the DS with the slot1 card insert??

Cause I'm looking for a double use of the new combo = DS use on the DS and GBA expansion use on a GB micro(don't ask why =P) So I know I need a slot-1, slot-2 system, but if possible use them as stand alones.

So I don't know if such a card exists, at that moment, could somone advice me on which slot-2 card would be the best(use it for both, ds/gb micro = I'd be using a passme for the ds at that moment)

Thx alot

P.S I'm just looking for good compatibility, no game freeze, and good quality/price issu, and if possible with a SD or micro SD card system on both slot 1 and slot 2 cards

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    the 3in1 is slot1 dependant, requires a slot one to put the game into NOR (you can't use a passme card to do it). once you got a game in NOR you can play that game on a gameboy micro. Your problem will be getting your hands on a GBA sized 3in1. You can always gut a cart and put the 3in1 PCB in it, requies some modding of the case.

The EZ4 fits your requirements on the last part, it uses miniSD not a microSD. That might be a better fit for you.

3. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
  4. El_Taco
    OP

Switzerland
    OkayThanks a lot, gona go for the EZ flash IV found it for 20bucks perfect with me =D

5. El_Taco
    OP

Switzerland
    Got my EZ-Flash IV, and got some problemes with it, the card is reconised(when i dont put any SD micro cards in it) by my DS or my GB micro, but when i put my card in (it's a kingston 8gb micro SD combinend with an mini adapter) the screen is black, and nothing happens, i tried to update and all but the screen is always black, and i can't to anything in gba mod or ds mode. so in any of you could help me...

6. Iceclaw

Newcomer Iceclaw Advanced Member

United States
    Just an idea...does the EZ-Flash IV do SDHC? your card may be too big. (I don't own it, so it's just a guess)

7. El_Taco
    OP

Switzerland
    no idea :wtf:, but it's the only type of memory cars i know of...standard one i always used, coz what other type of cars exist???

8. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

EZ-IV supports up to 2GB only.

9. El_Taco
    OP

Switzerland
    noway =S

10. El_Taco
    OP

Switzerland
    yep, stoll my bros 2gb card and it works... guess gona be using the 8 for pictures then... THX lots