EZ-Flash V 3 in 1

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by El_Taco, Jun 22, 2009.

1. El_Taco
    OP

El_Taco GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2005
    Swaziland
    Hello
    I was thinking of changing my old m3 sd/EZ pass(yeah the hudge one), for the EZ-Flash V, but I got few questions about it :

1) I would like to know if you can use the GBA expansion as a stand alone(slot-2 only)on a GB micro for exemple or does it only work with the DS with the slot1 card insert??

Cause I'm looking for a double use of the new combo = DS use on the DS and GBA expansion use on a GB micro(don't ask why =P) So I know I need a slot-1, slot-2 system, but if possible use them as stand alones.

So I don't know if such a card exists, at that moment, could somone advice me on which slot-2 card would be the best(use it for both, ds/gb micro = I'd be using a passme for the ds at that moment)

Thx alot

P.S I'm just looking for good compatibility, no game freeze, and good quality/price issu, and if possible with a SD or micro SD card system on both slot 1 and slot 2 cards

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    the 3in1 is slot1 dependant, requires a slot one to put the game into NOR (you can't use a passme card to do it). once you got a game in NOR you can play that game on a gameboy micro. Your problem will be getting your hands on a GBA sized 3in1. You can always gut a cart and put the 3in1 PCB in it, requies some modding of the case.

The EZ4 fits your requirements on the last part, it uses miniSD not a microSD. That might be a better fit for you.

3. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
  4. El_Taco
    OP

El_Taco GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2005
    Swaziland
    OkayThanks a lot, gona go for the EZ flash IV found it for 20bucks perfect with me =D

5. El_Taco
    OP

El_Taco GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2005
    Swaziland
    Got my EZ-Flash IV, and got some problemes with it, the card is reconised(when i dont put any SD micro cards in it) by my DS or my GB micro, but when i put my card in (it's a kingston 8gb micro SD combinend with an mini adapter) the screen is black, and nothing happens, i tried to update and all but the screen is always black, and i can't to anything in gba mod or ds mode. so in any of you could help me...

6. Iceclaw

Iceclaw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2007
    United States
    USA- UTC-8
    Just an idea...does the EZ-Flash IV do SDHC? your card may be too big. (I don't own it, so it's just a guess)

7. El_Taco
    OP

El_Taco GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2005
    Swaziland
    no idea :wtf:, but it's the only type of memory cars i know of...standard one i always used, coz what other type of cars exist???

8. Agjsdfd

Agjsdfd My title

Apr 18, 2007
    Arctica
    EZ-IV supports up to 2GB only.

9. El_Taco
    OP

El_Taco GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2005
    Swaziland
    noway =S

10. El_Taco
    OP

El_Taco GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2005
    Swaziland
    yep, stoll my bros 2gb card and it works... guess gona be using the 8 for pictures then... THX lots

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice