Hacking EZ Flash V 3 in 1 help...

Tux'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay well, here's what happened: I accidentally put the SRAM.BIN on my NOR by accident using GBAExploader I accidentally pressed A instead of Y and it wrote to the NOR, now when ever I start up my DS Lite with EZ Flash in it, and well, white screens I turn my ds off and remove it, it boots up.

Specs: EZ Flash V 3 in 1, M3 Real and DS lite

So, any way to wipe the memory of the NOR without the use of the ds?

Tux'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm using M3 Real and the Auto Boot option is always set to ON and I can't change it... Even with the M3 out it still gives a ehite screen. And of you mean turn the EZ Flash autoboot off, how do I do that?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
use the boot.eng file from the triple boot files. This file will allow you to boot directly to sakura or the M3 menu depending on the system folder you got installed.

This will allow you to turn off the autoboot function on the DS and still boot to your slot1. From there, do what I told you earlier to fix the NOR. After that you can delete the boot.eng and turn the autoboot back on.

You are telling me you can't go into your DS settings and change it to manual like this?
IMG_120004b.jpg

boot.eng goes into the root directory of the microSD.

Tux'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the EZ Flash expansion boots first, giving it white screens, so you say if I put that there, it'll prevent the Expansion cart from booting?

This is what happens: I put in M3 and EZ Flash 3in1 and it gives White Screens.
I put in the 3in1 by itself it gives white screens...

Okay I put the boot.eng in the root of my sd card, it still gives me white screens

Tux'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already set at manual....

sp90rs.jpg

Started up without exoansion, and Manual boot turned on

2ueqsf4.jpg

Started with Expansion, Manual turned on and if I try to out the Expansion pack in, it restarts my ds...

Tux'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I do, it restarts my whole DS, I have no idea why, whatever options turned on or off it will just reboot the DS to start up EZ Flash....

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Then it wouldn't be completely be a 3in1 problem. Some people fixed this by deleting the system folder and reinstalling a new one onto the microSD. Make sure you don't have the 3in1 plugged in until you boot into the M3.

your probably gonna need to delete the gba exploader nds save file too.

Tux'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has always been the case though, I just downloaded iSakuReal, I was using Sakure 1.43 and it still auto restarts, I have no clue as to why though...

ofu61h.jpg

before it is in, turned on...

350wlcz.jpg

It reboots no matter what, should I just buy an M3 GBA pack instead? Should I call it quits and say it's bricked?

Tux'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did patch it, I did use it to write the SRAM.bin file by accident, anyways the problem is I can't boot up my DS with EZ Flash V 3in1 in my DS, even if I put it in after I boot it, EZ V 3in1 will reboot my DS and give it white screens, I think this is impossible to solve unless I can wipe the memory clean without using a DS, that's what I think.

Tux'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I decided to call it quits last night and today I decided to insert the cart half way in and it didn't restart and I loaded GBAExploader and wrote another GBA game instead of the SRAM.bin and it worked, it works now, thanks for the help
smile.gif

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I had this happen to me before.
I had an Acekard 2i with the GBA version of EZ Flash 3in1, as well as an Action Relay GBA. I don't remember what I did with AKAIO or the GBAExpLoader, but I remember that I had the EZ Flash 3in1 inserted into the ARGBA.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Having another device of sorts is always helpful to fix anything, unfortunately not everyone considers having other flashcarts or devices as a necessary means of fixing a major problem on any of the other flashcarts. This makes the problem harder to solve when you have someone who just want a 1 flashcart for 1 DS situation.

He is still stuck in needing to erase the NOR contents.

The only other thing would be to get a new 3in1 to use or attempt fixing the bricked 3in1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol