EZ-FLASH OMEGA weird pokemon save corruption

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Gitorian, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Gitorian
    OP

Gitorian Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Germany
    I recently got an EZ-FLASH Omega and everything went pretty smooth. No typical save corruption by turning off the console too soon.

After about 30-40h of playtime I encountered a weird problem when I tried to save the game:

"The backup memory is damaged or the game's battery has run dry. The game can be played, but its progress cannot be saved "Please press the A Button.""

"Save error."

"Please exchange the backup memory"

When I restart the game and try to load the save I get the error messages that "The save file is corrupted." and "The previous save file will be loaded."
    After the previous save was loaded it's still not possible to save the game. I cannot progress the game any more. Everything I tried like using a different sd card or switching the save type from "Auto" to "Flash128" doesn't help.

I found a solution to "repair" the save. At least until the bug encounters after about 20 save actions again. Using the save file in an emulator I could save after the previous save was loaded. After the save file was transferred onto the sd card again I was able to start and play the game without any problems on the Omega.
    But this happens again and again. Sometimes sooner sometimes later. And I have to transfer the file everytime to my pc and save the game to "repair" it.

Do you have any suggestions how I can to solve my problem? And why does this bug happen on the Omega? I thought this is a known issue with a wrong configured emulator and not flash cards.

..... sorry for my bad English...

Attached Files:

1.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
      3.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
      4.png
      File size:
      720 bytes
      Views:
      5.png
      File size:
      797 bytes
      Views:
  2. Sterophonick

Sterophonick Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2018
    United States
    My Laptop XD
    You need to wait 3 seconds after the in-game save behavior to allow time for the Caching mechanism of the NAND of the microSD to update properly. Otherwise the file could get corrupted.

3. Gitorian
    OP

Gitorian Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Germany
    Thanks for your answer. But I don't think this has anything to do with the issue, because I don't save that quickly after another. And the save corruption occours without turning the console off.

Last edited by Gitorian, Oct 10, 2018