EZ Flash Omega Saves Deleted or not Saving at all

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by ApexMemes, Jun 5, 2019.

1. ApexMemes
    OP

ApexMemes Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2019
    United States
    Hello,

I got my EZ Flash Omega a few days ago and it was working good for a while but it has stopped saving all together. My saves get corrupted, won't even show up, or they won't even save in the first place. I use this on a DS Lite and I've looked at the past threads on this but nothing helps. I've used two different Micro SDs with two different adapters, I've reformatted them all, and I've tried downgrading a firmware.

Anyone know anything? Maybe its the EZ Flash itself that isn't working.

Thanks.

2. EZ-Flash2

EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

Jul 16, 2003
    China
    power up with SELECT pressed
    then choose the second option
    replay what displaying there

3. ApexMemes
    OP

ApexMemes Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2019
    United States
    Alright I tested them and it says the following:
    read S71 ID OK
    read S98 ID OK
    END

4. EZ-Flash2

EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

Jul 16, 2003
    China
    it seems the hardware working well.
    can you tell us more the detail, about your operate step. one by one.

5. ApexMemes
    OP

ApexMemes Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2019
    United States
    Yes of course. First, I turn my DS Lite, then I wait for it to load. After it loads I go into the folder with games and I pick one. I then play the game for a while and then I save it and shut down after 5 seconds. I used to just shut it down after saving but i saw that i need to wait.

Is it possible my SD cards do not work? I’ve tried 2 of them and both do not work.

6. reexe

reexe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2018
    Sweden
    This may have been resolved already, but since i have recently found myself in the same boat im leaving my thoughts here for future ppl that may encounter this issue.

I believe this happens when one have accidentally turned off the console without waiting 5 seconds after a save. My thoughts are that the save then gets corrupted and will never be able to save again, even if one waits the 5 seconds.
    I have founds that savestates still work, but the games built in save feature stops working.

A not so great fix is to remove the games corresponding save file from the SD card.
    If the game in question is running through goomba it sometimes works to press L+R and delete the SRAM, and then do a new in-game save and wait 5 seconds (this worked for me on pokemon brown using latest goomba color from 2019 that i loaded via pogoshell).

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted