Hacking EZ Flash Omega ROMs issues

Cuikis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@kuwanger I've tried with save type flash128, and the chkdsk command said everything is fine, but the error is still there.

@migles with the USA, Europe version I get the exact error. So, the problem is in my EZ Omega cart? I don't know how the save management is done, but at least in SMA2 let me save normally, and work

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
@migles with the USA, Europe version I get the exact error. So, the problem is in my EZ Omega cart? I don't know how the save management is done, but at least in SMA2 let me save normally, and work
and that USA rom is a clean one you did not used patching programs or whatever. right?
then either something wrong with your setup (very likely its something you are doing) or your omega card specifically..

i would try this:
getting an empty micro sd card (other micro sd card) freshly format it with fat32\32k cluster if it was not already
try with just the usa rom in it (don't forget to safetly eject. checksum the data after copying into the micro sd card, not before)

after all this, if still shows the same error, then either its your omega card\gba or something in the firmware, but i don't know if someone else is having the same problem, so...

PS: there is some options for patched boot and clean boot, also try them with the fresh sd card

Last edited by migles,

Cuikis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Effectively, the rom is a clean one (checking once is copied to the microSD)

I've done the same procedure with another microSD card, formatted correctly, and the error is still there :sad:

What options should I try to launch the game?

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Effectively, the rom is a clean one (checking once is copied to the microSD)

I've done the same procedure with another microSD card, formatted correctly, and the error is still there :sad:

What options should I try to launch the game?
Are you, by any chance, using the omega on a European AGS-101 GBA SP Model? If so, what Kernel and Firmware version are you on (you can check on the settings tab)? There is a known issue regardings saves using this specific hardware, maybe you can try updating your card to the test flight version that has this issue fixed:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-omega-test-flight.501432/

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Cuikis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Indeed I am using a AGS-101 GBA SP, but I don't know if it is European or not. That's test flight version could be dangerous? I can do a saving test with a Nintedo DS Lite too.

Cuikis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My goodness, it works on the DS! What kind of risks do the use of the test flight version imply? I guess are mainly about bugs, aren't they?

Thank you again, you all are solving all my problems instantly :D

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My goodness, it works on the DS! What kind of risks do the use of the test flight version imply? I guess are mainly about bugs, aren't they?

Thank you again, you all are solving all my problems instantly :D

Yes, the test flight version is some sort of beta release. It fixes existing bugs but might introduce new ones. Since the saving issue on the european AGS-101 model is a rather severe one (i.e. it greatly reduces the usability of the card), I'd recommend upgrading to the current test flight version until the fixed firmware has been officially released. After that you should go by the premise: "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" :)

what's the difference between an european and american ags 101?

I am not entirely sure what is different, but the issue appears exclusively on the european AGS 101, that's why the EZ-Flash Team did not notice this bug themselves. It was user reports here on gbatemp that allowed them to narrow it down to this specific model and fix the issue.

Cuikis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, I decided to give it a try, mainly because maybe I discovered a real bug that should be solved. Thanks again for all, I started to be really worried about getting a defective flashcart

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I decided to give it a try, mainly because maybe I discovered a real bug that should be solved. Thanks again for all, I started to be really worried about getting a defective flashcart
The EUR AGS-101 issues might also have been the main reason for your initial save issues, you should now be able to try your old EZ-Flash IV savegames on your Omega on your DS or with the test flight firmware. Sorry for not having thought of this issue before.

Cuikis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The EUR AGS-101 issues might also have been the main reason for your initial save issues, you should now be able to try your old EZ-Flash IV savegames on your Omega on your DS or with the test flight firmware. Sorry for not having thought of this issue before.

You have just saved 7 hours of my life. You don't really know how much I love you right now hahaha

It works perfectly. Also, I update to the test flight and works both on DS and GBA SP AGS101 :D:D:D

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to chime in about the test flight versions, so far I've not had any problems with any release they've provided (even the earlier private ones before most people had an EZ Omega). But, yea, it's usually a good idea to wait and see with any software since I'm not 100% certain how recoverable their whole firmware/kernel update thing is. I know on the EZIV they've got a loader that never gets updated so short of reflashing the kernel thousands to millions of times (or trying to flash the card externally) there shouldn't be issues, but I've no idea if it's the same with the EZ Omega.

Cuikis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
By the way, no problem so far, but the problem saving in Super Mario Land 2 DX seems to be related with the european GBA SP AGS101 issue, since I can save and play normally now.

Jz28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Please help, i have an ez flash omega with the latest fw and micro sd class 10 sandisk 8gb. It only reads 12 games but higher than that it boots other games into a white screen. I tried everything, downgrade fw, change micro sd, format to exfat and fat but then, i can only run 12 games. Please i really need help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one