Hacking EZ-Flash Omega not working, games seem corrupt

SamsaSams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi. I've recently bought the EZ-Flash Omega after having fun with the EZ-Flash Jr. on my GBC but I haven't had any luck making it work. GBA ROMs load but they crash at different points during the game: Some crash at the start, some crash when I try to move my player, some crash mid level, etc. The crash point differs between games, but the same game will always crash at the same point, for example the Wario Land 4 game always crashes when I try to move once loaded into the first level and the Pokémon Pinball room always crashes upon loading the board (as you can see in my video).

Here's the video of what's happening when I try to play Pokémon Pinball:

I've updated the firmware and kernel to the latest one (Kernel 1.09 and Firmware 9.0), tested different clean ROMs (all of witch work on emulator), I've also tested GB/GBC games which work perfectly on the Jr. but won't boot on the EZ-Flash Omega, I've re-formatted my Micro SD and tested a different one which was working perfectly on the Jr., I've open the cartridge case to see the solder points and everything looks correct, I've even tested with different, better quality (1.5V) batteries since I have a FunnyPlaying IPS mod, but no luck, and even then the battery problem looks nothing like my problem.

You can see battery problem in action in the following video. This is not what is happening to me:

The only thing I have left to test is the EZ-Flash Omega on another GBA, but this GBA plays GBA games and the EZ-Flash Jr. perfectly so I don't think that's the problem. I will test with another GBA this Friday nonetheless, just to be sure.

Any idea on what could be happening? Thanks!

EDIT: I've also tried the Safe Boot menu status check test and everything seems OK over there. I attatched the image of the status check test, the text I get when running it is the following:
Code:
read S71 ID OK GL64
read S98 ID OK
END

Attachments

• IMG_20210830_234036.jpg
    IMG_20210830_234036.jpg
    670.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited by SamsaSams,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
etc. The crash point differs between games, but the same game will always crash at the same point, for example the Wario Land 4 game always crashes when I try to move once loaded into the first level and the Pokémon Pinball room always crashes upon loading the board

Interesting, can you verify the rom hash with romlist? working perfect with emulator does not prove it is a clean rom.

SamsaSams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is the info of my Pokémon Pinball (Europe) rom, which seems to be correct.
File/ROM SHA-1: B8B7881EAA9856B5ADA99078AD1053D31CB79827
File/ROM CRC32: A53AC14B
Either way, every rom breaks one way or another, it's not just this one game.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This is the info of my Pokémon Pinball (Europe) rom, which seems to be correct.
File/ROM SHA-1: B8B7881EAA9856B5ADA99078AD1053D31CB79827
File/ROM CRC32: A53AC14B
Either way, every rom breaks one way or another, it's not just this one game.

Since the ROM is fine, I'll wait for the results of your test on Friday on another GBA.

SamsaSams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So turns out this is not a problem with the EZ-Flash Omega, it's my GBA doing the weird glitches. I have tested the EZ-Flash Omega on my NDS and my GBA SP and both work well, I've also tested my original copies of the games in my GBA and those break in exactly the same ways as the ROMs do. I didn't identify the problem before because some games allow me to play a bit before breaking.

Does somebody know what could be wrong with my GBA? GB/GBC games seem to play perfectly but GBA games break at some point during gameplay/menus.

Reactions: EZ-Flash2

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
From my point of view, in most cases I'd heard, backlit mod and modification craft are the cause of the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back