Ez flash omega not updating and cant find the bin

idkoogabooga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to update my ez flash omega and i cant find the bin. the only thing i can find is this chinese letters, but when i open the omegakernel file in the actual gba it shows up. ive even tried to make my own bin but that doesn't work either. please help

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to update my ez flash omega and i cant find the bin. the only thing i can find is this chinese letters, but when i open the omegakernel file in the actual gba it shows up. ive even tried to make my own bin but that doesn't work either. please help
https://www.ezflash.cn/omega.html

Did you put the file in the root of your SD card and then power on the GBA while holding the R button?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying.

If you're seeing crazy characters in your SD card while just looking at it in Windows, then there's some corruption going on. A format *might* fix it, but the card might just as likely be dying.

Heres the steps for take: First, you put the SD card in your PC. You open it and put the bin update file right there. Not in any folder. Take the SD card out of your computer and put it in the Omega. Then put it in the GBA, and hold down R while you turn it on. It should go to the update/flash screen and not to the file selection screen.

At what point are you seeing Chinese characters?

idkoogabooga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you're seeing crazy characters in your SD card while just looking at it in Windows, then there's some corruption going on. A format *might* fix it, but the card might just as likely be dying.

Heres the steps for take: First, you put the SD card in your PC. You open it and put the bin update file right there. Not in any folder. Take the SD card out of your computer and put it in the Omega. Then put it in the GBA, and hold down R while you turn it on. It should go to the update/flash screen and not to the file selection screen.

its hard to try and tell you exactly whats going on cause this forum is preventing me from fully saying what i want

idkoogabooga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

also i just bought the sd card and only put it in the gba and pc today so there's no way it can be dead

idkoogabooga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image0.jpg
image1.jpg
image3.jpg
image4.jpg
image5.jpg
image6.jpg

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China

hmmmmm....It seems that you have not read the manual completely?

here is the manual, http://www.ezflash.cn/omega.html

and below is the section of update the kernel... put the ezkernel.bin on the root.....

Code:
[HEADING=2]Update the kernel[/HEADING]
Under normal circumstances, the firmware and kernel on the card which the user received from dealer are not the latest version, so they need  to be upgraded.

Once you have the EZKERNEL.BIN file on the root folder. You can update the kernel by press R key and power up the console. The system will boot up after the update  process done. The kernel version is displayed on the upper right corner  of System Setting. DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER WHEN UPDATING!!

If the firmware version is lower than kernel contained, it may need  to update automatically. The new firmware needs the game console reboot  to take effect. DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER WHEN UPDATING!!

idkoogabooga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmmm....It seems that you have not read the manual completely?

here is the manual, http://www.ezflash.cn/omega.html

and below is the section of update the kernel... put the ezkernel.bin on the root.....

Code:
[HEADING=2]Update the kernel[/HEADING]
Under normal circumstances, the firmware and kernel on the card which the user received from dealer are not the latest version, so they need  to be upgraded.

Once you have the EZKERNEL.BIN file on the root folder. You can update the kernel by press R key and power up the console. The system will boot up after the update  process done. The kernel version is displayed on the upper right corner  of System Setting. DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER WHEN UPDATING!!

If the firmware version is lower than kernel contained, it may need  to update automatically. The new firmware needs the game console reboot  to take effect. DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER WHEN UPDATING!!
but as you can see the bin doesn't appear on the computer and only shows up on the gba itself. so how am i supposed to put something there that doesn't exist?

idkoogabooga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ezkernel.bin file needs to be in the root of the SD card, not the folder.

The file needs to be in E:\ not in E:\omegakernel20210824\

Move the file, and then try booting again while holding R.

but as you can see the bin doesn't appear on the computer and only shows up on the gba itself. so how am i supposed to put something there that doesn't exist? also do i just rename it or what, like thats just how it appears when i download it straight from the website

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but as you can see the bin doesn't appear on the computer and only shows up on the gba itself. so how am i supposed to put something there that doesn't exist? also do i just rename it or what, like thats just how it appears when i download it straight from the website
You have the file in the folder. You showed the file.

Right click the ezkernel file and go to copy.

Right click on an empty space in the E:\ folder and click on paste.

You also have file extensions turned off on your computer. The "ezkernel" file in windows is the ezkernel.bin file.
b66f2ab33aaded2e728f5c111d99ae22.jpg
1ba085fce5af75f29757fa1523349419.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone