EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
http://www.ezflash.cn/download

fixed the freeze issue on some circumstance.

removed the confuse text on the RTC toggle.

source codes will be pushed soon.

Offsets
Code:
color offset: 0x154F78 

color_selected     = 0x6A80
color_text         = 0x7FFF
color_selectBG_sd  = 0x7C00
color_selectBG_nor = 0x294A
color_MENU_btn     = 0x5294
color_cheat_count  = 0x03E0
color_NORFULL      = 0x001F
color_btn_clean    = 0x7C00

0x0009C1AC gImage_English_manual                                            
0x0009E7F4 gImage_Chinese_manual                                            
0x000A0E3C gImage_NOTFOUND                                                  
0x000A593C gImage_icon_GB                                                   
0x000A5AFC gImage_icon_FC                                                   
0x000A5CBC gImage_nor_icon                                                  
0x000A5E7C  gImage_icons_folder
0x000A603C  gImage_icons_gba
0x000A61FC  gImage_icons_other                                                 
0x000A63BC gImage_MENU                                                      
0x000AD1BC gImage_RECENTLY                                                  
0x000BFDBC gImage_HELP                                                      
0x000D29BC gImage_SET                                                       
0x000E55BC gImage_NOR                                                       
0x000F81BC gImage_SD                                                        
0x0010ADBC gImage_splash

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EZFlash! That was the name I was looking for! I still have the NDS Phat, one secondhand and the other sealed in package.
Is the EZFlash still buyable? If I remember it correctly, they had to stop the production but that's been years ago.
I have the Acekard 2i but I'd like to play GBA games on my NDS but only EZFlash can do that and not the Acekard due to the NDS Phat being slow.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EZFlash! That was the name I was looking for! I still have the NDS Phat, one secondhand and the other sealed in package.
Is the EZFlash still buyable? If I remember it correctly, they had to stop the production but that's been years ago.
I have the Acekard 2i but I'd like to play GBA games on my NDS but only EZFlash can do that and not the Acekard due to the NDS Phat being slow.

The EZ4 originally ceased production some years back, and got kind of rare (and thus expensive) at one point, which might be what you are referring to.
They came back with a new batch of EZ4s. Then another to change them to microSD but stay GBA size, then another that got dubbed the EZFlash reform but was still mostly an EZ4. The older EZ4s also got an update at one point to allow them to patch games on the GBA side of things and not need EZ4client or anything any more (though you still have the trouble games http://gbatemp.net/threads/buying-a-gba-flash-cart-in-2013.341203/page-18#post-4756995 ).
You can still find various ones of these in shops, though you might have to look for a little bit. I don't know where we are suggesting for Dutch sellers, or the surrounding countries, these days though. There were some decent ones at certain points but I have not kept up, nor seen any conversation, in a while.

If you are using a DS then you could also use an EZFlash 3 in 1. Though you will probably only find the DS lite sized model these days (people bought up all the GBA sized ones to make repros with, and use for parts for certain electronics projects apparently).

They then made a whole new standalone GBA flash cart called the EZFlash Omega, one aiming to be the be all and end all of GBA flash carts (and they are very nice, about the only thing that will match it in terms of features are the everdrive GBA carts which are quite a bit more expensive). Anyway this EZFlash Omega stuff is what this update is for.
GBAtemp's review of the Omega
https://gbatemp.net/review/ez-flash-omega.795/

Archangel22

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So what has it improved? Just the freezing issue and tweaks to the GUI? Did it fix game performance or the handful of roms that wouldnt run? Im tempted to buy this as it is much much much cheaper than the everdrive. Im thinking between this or bennvenn elcheapo 2.2 which is the same price but this plays gba games but also drains battery more I think. Just uncertain what cart to go for. I think this also has cheats while elcheapo doesnt which is another plus

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The EZ4 originally ceased production some years back, and got kind of rare (and thus expensive) at one point, which might be what you are referring to.
They came back with a new batch of EZ4s. Then another to change them to microSD but stay GBA size, then another that got dubbed the EZFlash reform but was still mostly an EZ4. The older EZ4s also got an update at one point to allow them to patch games on the GBA side of things and not need EZ4client or anything any more (though you still have the trouble games http://gbatemp.net/threads/buying-a-gba-flash-cart-in-2013.341203/page-18#post-4756995 ).
You can still find various ones of these in shops, though you might have to look for a little bit. I don't know where we are suggesting for Dutch sellers, or the surrounding countries, these days though. There were some decent ones at certain points but I have not kept up, nor seen any conversation, in a while.

If you are using a DS then you could also use an EZFlash 3 in 1. Though you will probably only find the DS lite sized model these days (people bought up all the GBA sized ones to make repros with, and use for parts for certain electronics projects apparently).

They then made a whole new standalone GBA flash cart called the EZFlash Omega, one aiming to be the be all and end all of GBA flash carts (and they are very nice, about the only thing that will match it in terms of features are the everdrive GBA carts which are quite a bit more expensive). Anyway this EZFlash Omega stuff is what this update is for.
GBAtemp's review of the Omega
https://gbatemp.net/review/ez-flash-omega.795/
Yeah, I coulnd't find them anywhere years ago but it seem it has changed now.
I have the Phat NDS, which should I get? 3 in 1 or the Omega? The Omega supports cheats it seems but which ones?

Aliexpress sells them too and pretty cheaper than here.

Last edited by CTR640,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I coulnd't find them anywhere years ago but it seem it has changed now.
I have the Phat NDS, which should I get? 3 in 1 or the Omega? The Omega supports cheats it seems but which ones?

Aliexpress sells them too and pretty cheaper than here.

Anything that runs GBA ROMs can use cheats via programs like even if they don't officially support them, or their support is limited.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-auto-trainer-maker-gbaatm.99334/

I don't know what goes for cheat support with the various 3 in 1 management programs/flash cart options (the 3 in 1 was originally to compliment the EZ5 but they released the necessary code to allow others to use it, so they did).

Cheat code wise then the homepage above has their cheat pack. I think it opts for the .cht form but GBA cheats are pretty easy going and you can usually convert them between all the various formats -- it is not like NES era game genie vs action replay doing fundamentally different things, and the encryption on the various commercial cheat types for the GBA was broken many many years ago. I have not properly gone through it yet to see what quirks it has here but if you are at all familiar with the concept it should not pose any troubles, and some of the old cht format handling tools might even still work ( https://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=127 ).

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reminds me of the LikSang dodgy Western Union transfer days when nobody dared to order anything online from China. Stil got some old EZ Flash things lying around I think waiting for a new battery.

D

Deleted User

Are you able to add support for those of us with adjustable clock speeds? Whenever I go to change my clock speed the game soft locks(with garbled audio)

This only happens on my omega

Blasingame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into a slight problem, updating my kernel to using the latest supplied on the website andthe console has frozen at 47% on the update screene.

to quote the instruction manual
"DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER WHEN UPDATING!!"

However the console is not responding.

If I turn off the power during update would it cause damage to the console, or the ez-flash omega? Or both?

is there a workaround or a fix for this?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Console. Should be fine -- there is very little you can do in software to a GBA to trouble it that you can't fix by turning it off and on again. Indeed all I can think of would take many many cycles/repeats to do any harm.

The Omega. Quite possibly actually. I don't know what recovery measures it has in place these days, and what is the minimal functional amount that needs to be written. If you can wait longer then do so. I don't know what would have caused this but the usual suspects as dodgy connection between the omega and GBA or dodgy connection in the SD card slot. After a while you can try wiggling it a bit but I don't know how many times it will try to repeat the read.

In the end though you are going to have to turn it off and turn it back on to see.

Blasingame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
51a55e026c.jpg

Okay, I got ezflash to boot up with the kernel and FW

the only problem i have is that only ezflash boots and not my normal game carts.

instead i get this for my bios...
(game is FF4 USA cart)
941ec722f9.jpg

Can't seem to get past this in the bios, but ezflash boots no problem.

Any advice?

(sorry if this is unrelated to the thread topic)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"