1. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I got my ez-flash omega from Ebay Friday. its been a few days and still having this issue. No matter what i keep getting the safe shutdown menu. i put the latest kernel and all the files. Even have Pokemon Liquid Crystal on it trying to figure out why the cheats are always in Chinese. Like did I get a clone? like i just did the recovery thing to get out of it and i just reformatted my card, put everything back on it and tried the card again. It worked once but when i saw I still have Chinese langue and no English cheats, I turned off the ds lite and turned it back on to try and load the game once I had my .sav in the right place. But now I keep getting the safe mode menu. Am I keep getting this loop because its a fake card? Wondering if i should get my money back or not (i used coupons on it so they are now gone:sad:) is there a way to pertinently fix this?

Edit:
    Also, I have an ez-flash 5). How do I use it? Was it bundled with a DS card? I looked at it, there is no SD card or way of adding one and even opened it. It doesn't look like the ez-flash omega so I am so confused on how to use it and get it to work.

Last edited by qaz015393, Oct 28, 2019
  2. NightTimeNoctis

NightTimeNoctis GBAtemp Regular

United States

Question how do i add my own codes. Dam near all of the cheats even in the English folder are not translated and if they are in english they are in extremely broken english to the point they are not understandable.

3. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    First of all: when enabling cheats from the omega menu they are not active right away. You need to bring up the in game menu of the omega and enable the cheats.

Cheat codes are in in the cht format. There seems to be an in depth guide to this format, but the text formatting of the guide seems to have been lost in a board update https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-make-snes-cht-files-for-the-dstwo.263113/

I essence, they're plain text files containing entries like this:
    This code tells the card that with this code enabled, it should go to address 464C2 and change the value to B0 (that's 176 in decimal) , address 464C4 to B0 as well as address 465D8 to B0

Edit: cheat files are stored in the cht folder and are named like the internal game code. Open these up in a decent text editor (I am not sure how well regular notepad works with these files, I recommend using something like notepad++) and you can edit them to your liking.

Last edited by Localhorst86, Jan 23, 2020
    EZ-Flash2 likes this.
  4. Lunatics

Lunatics GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys, I seem some issues people were reporting with the omega such as saves getting deleted if shutting off the system without waiting long enough etc and compatibility with GBC games. I am trying to find a cart for my GBA SP and was wondering if the omega is really the best one for me to buy or if there is something better out there that will support RTC, better GBC compatibility as well as GBA, and not risk deleting all of my saves.

5. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Omega is the best, has RTC support, waiting 5-10 secs wont kill u before u power down and GB/GBC has no baring on the flashcart its used on thats down to Goomba so GB/GBC compatibility is the same no matter the flashcart used

GBthusiast likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - firmware, released, kernel