Hacking EZ flash omega doesn't save a single game (AGS 101)

Skeptical_sphinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to be rude or anything, but as you can clearly read me and one other person already tried that method and it doesn't work. Your previous firmware v3 doesn't fix anything.

I don't mind @Localhorst86 trying, but you are not looking in the correct direction to fix this anymore... There isn't anything in the previous firmware that has any solution to solving this problem, we have established that.

Localhorst86 is describing the same problem we are having. It kind of seems to create a new save file or loading a save file. But actually it does nothing. Tested this with an old savefile created with the EZ FLASH IV. If this savefile was put on the Omega every single device except the SP 101 was capable of reading the save. The omega just acted like it was reading writing the save but it did nothing.

A great game to test this quickly is "Riviera the promised land", this because you can instantly save after the first cutcene (that you can skip). And on the save screen it actually gives an error when you try to save on the Omega in an SP 101.

It would be nice if you could communicate if you have any clue on how to fix this. Because me and other people are stuck with a card we can't use. Because for me personally I don't give a single thing about it working in the other devices, because I don't use those devices. My prefered retro gaming device is the GBA SP 101.

And if there is no solution it would be nice if you could make an official statement on your website so we can reference to that when we try to return our product to china or whatever...
Any update on that ? I have the same problem

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was pretty basic knowledge, but maybe I need to address it anyway: Replace the battery in the cartridge with a fresh one. When you power the system of and back on to save your gamesave to the SD card, it stays in the cart's SRAM until dumped to the SD on power up. The battery keeps the SRAM powered. If the battery is dead, the SRAM is wiped at power off. Pretty common stuff people...

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought this was pretty basic knowledge, but maybe I need to address it anyway: Replace the battery in the cartridge with a fresh one. When you power the system of and back on to save your gamesave to the SD card, it stays in the cart's SRAM until dumped to the SD on power up. The battery keeps the SRAM powered. If the battery is dead, the SRAM is wiped at power off. Pretty common stuff people...
The EZ-Flash Omega doesn't do that. It does not have a powered SRAM circuit, saves are written to the SD card directly.

Skeptical_sphinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get that, but like I said the cart altogether is brand new and i can still find the save files on my micro SD

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I don't know where the other topic is on this forum. But that one goes into detail why this cartridge is crap especially used in an AGS101.

Ps: this has long been established/confirmed. No reason to go into it anymore. Some people like it, but it's completely inferior to the everdrive. And the support and updates for it didn't improve anything...

Skeptical_sphinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know where the other topic is on this forum. But that one goes into detail why this cartridge is crap especially used in an AGS101.

Ps: this has long been established/confirmed. No reason to go into it anymore. Some people like it, but it's completely inferior to the everdrive. And the support and updates for it didn't improve anything...
I wish I knew that sooner.. everywhere i read, they said that the EZ Omega was a better alternative to the everdrive, especially for the price

Reactions: vree

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I knew that sooner.. everywhere i read, they said that the EZ Omega was a better alternative to the everdrive, especially for the price
Yeah there are a lot of people that say that. And for most casual people I guess it's true. But just put 'ez flash omega' in the search bar on this site and the problems arise. So my advise to most people is pay the extra 50 bucks and get an everdrive.

This is my personal experience that I found back and they denied every issue and claimed I was doing something wrong:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-omega-dont-buy-save-issues-honest-opinion.557700/

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
All I can say is that I have one EZ-Flash Omega unity and it works well. I love it. I have 2 GBA, the GBA Player and a DS Lite, the performance is awesome on every device.

This not means that I'm endorsing their support team, as I never need it, nor that I know how good or bad is the ratio of defective products on the market.

For the alternative, I can't say nothing about the GBA everdrive, but I had problems with other everdrive, and the support was there. It was not awesome, but it was good enough, this really gives peace of mind about spending money on something that expansive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol