GBA EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition clock not syncing to the right time

zyraxeer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TL;DR: New EZ Flash Omega DE battery came DOA so I replaced it. Date function works properly but time is not syncing correctly to actual real life time.

Hello everyone,

I bought an EZ Flash Omega DE to play my own rom dumps. When I first opened the box, everything looked OK so I was not expecting that the RTC function of the flashcart to be non-functional (date amd time always reset to 2000/01/01 00:00:00 WED). A couple of Google searches brought me here to this forum.

Many forum posts mentioned that my battery may just be dead on arrival so a replacement is needed for the RTC to start functioning. I replaced the CR1025 battery as instructed, just slipped out the old one and slipped in a new one. I thought all was good so I changed the date and time to the present and did a test to see if the time would sync after 1 hour.

After 1 hour, the date is correct but the time is not synced to the current time. I set the date and time to 2022/02/25 10:20:00 FRI before turning it off. When I opened my GBA, the time was 10:23:00 and not 11:23:00.

Can someone please tell me what's wrong with my EZ Flash Omega DE?

Thank you.

zyraxeer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see. I'm not skilled enough to replace the oscillator but fortunately I can ask the seller from the official dealers list for a refund/replacement. Thanks again!

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I see. I'm not skilled enough to replace the oscillator but fortunately I can ask the seller from the official dealers list for a refund/replacement. Thanks again!
Yes, contact dealer for replacement is the first and the best choice. Self-repair is for those who can't get a warranty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head