Hardware GBA EZ Flash Omega DE RTC working but not in games

SylvaTheMoth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got my omega de, set its time, and tried to play pokemon emerald, ripped and crc checked from my own cartridge, and cannot get it to read from the RTC.
ive used rtcreader to try and set the rtc, it sets fine and holds the time. but emerald wont read from the rtc. ruby and sapphire both ignore it aswell.

Attachments

• 20211113_025457.jpg
    20211113_025457.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 153
  • 20211113_025130.jpg
    20211113_025130.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 118
Reactions: Aeredren

Fiuncho

Trophies
XP
Country
Same problem here with EZ-Flash Omega DE and Pokémon Emerald Edition.... :(

EDIT:
I found a FIX in the forum (thread: Pokemon Emerald Clock fix patch).

Then I applied the fix with the no-intro's smart IPS tool.

The problem seems to be solved, i boot 3 times de game and i didn´t see the message.

Last edited by Fiuncho,

Fiuncho

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, my EZ-Flash Omega DE is up to date.

The problem seems to be solved, i boot 3 times de game and i didn´t see the message.

pd: i cant post links... :(

SylvaTheMoth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, my EZ-Flash Omega DE is up to date.

pd: i cant post links... :(
is it the idyll patch? that one is meant to run the clock during gameplay to "fix" the issue

Fiuncho

Trophies
XP
Country
@EZ-Flash2 mi EZ-Flash Omega DE is up to date and the RTC option is "open" in the kernel and the problem was there until i apply the RTC Fix to the rom.

SylvaTheMoth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a RTC toggle option in the system setting of the kernel, please ensure you have ticked it on.
mine is set to open, downgrading the kernel to 1.01 seems to kinda fix it? i cant save or write to nor until i updated again, but the message was gone. the rtc *is* working since i can read from it with rtcreader

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
mine is set to open, downgrading the kernel to 1.01 seems to kinda fix it? i cant save or write to nor until i updated again, but the message was gone. the rtc *is* working since i can read from it with rtcreader
Does this mean that RTC is now fully functional?

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I used the ROM you provided to the reseller, and its md5 hash matches the known list, and it runs fine on the random EZODE which I pulled from stock, with no battery dry display on initial run.

Once I unticked the RTC option in the system setting and save. then I launch the game again, the battery dry info shows up.

Are you able to test other RTC games. For example other Pokemon games or boktai or rockman exe 4.5?

Last edited by EZ-Flash2,

SylvaTheMoth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the ROM you provided to the reseller, and its md5 hash matches the known list, and it runs fine on the random EZODE which I pulled from stock, with no battery dry display on initial run.

Once I unticked the RTC option in the system setting and save. then I launch the game again, the battery dry info shows up.

Are you able to test other RTC games. For example other Pokemon games or boktai or rockman exe 4.5?
i have tested with ruby/sapphire, havent tried boktai or rockman, any chance you can run it on an up to date ezode? (fw:4/k:1.03)
pokemon r/s/e all show the error with a blank save
i can test boktai/rockman and see if it works, but pokemon games still dont read the rtc.

SylvaTheMoth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weird.. in boktai, it showed the wrong time, but after setting it to a random time, saving, and booting into it again.... it showed the correct time..... down to the second. rebooting showed a blank time.
another update: setting a random time in rockman 4.5 immediately set to the right time after it got ingame. so it *is* reading the rtc information, after saving, shutting down, and booting the game, it showed a reset time, but after a few seconds, showed the right time.
around 10 seconds or so. pokemon and boktai still arent able to read it... but the big delay did not seem good.

Last edited by SylvaTheMoth,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Please try the following operation

open the card case, take out the battery on the card, wait for about 1 minute, put the battery back and assemble the card.

After making a backup, delete all the sav files in the "Saver" folder on the SD card.

Re-set the clock in the kernel and re-test the game.

I am not too sure under what circumstances you are using rtcreader, can you give me a video?

I suspect that the rtcreader modified the clock to mess up the internal clock, after all, we did not leave the clock register writable.

The only way can change the rtc time on the card is the setting tab in the kernel.

SylvaTheMoth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still shows battery is dry, used a brand new sd card even.
i set the ezode in link mode to read from the RTC
i cant send the video here due to file upload restrictions, is there an email i can send to?

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
still shows battery is dry, used a brand new sd card even.
i set the ezode in link mode to read from the RTC
i cant send the video here due to file upload restrictions, is there an email i can send to?
upload to youtube, post link, if still restrict, leave the video code after ?watch in the link here

SylvaTheMoth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here, Zx4VeF3z90Y
it uploaded as a short, thanks youtube.
i switched it into mode b after booting rtcreader, but taking the cartridge and inserting it reset the console. so i had to make a tool to flip the switch.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
here, Zx4VeF3z90Y
it uploaded as a short, thanks youtube.
i switched it into mode b after booting rtcreader, but taking the cartridge and inserting it reset the console. so i had to make a tool to flip the switch.
the video can be viewed by

I see, This operation is unacceptable because the boot mechanism of the flash card is in several steps and requires some matching with the console boot process. The operation of plugging and unplugging the card in console powered state will permanently damage the flash card. The reason why the mode toggle switch is designed in this way is to avoid the user to toggle it in the power-on state. I'm surprised the card hasn't shorted out and burned up by now. Can you please stop this immediately? Please.

Have you ever tested the RTC game under mode A to see if it works?

SylvaTheMoth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the video can be viewed by

I see, This operation is unacceptable because the boot mechanism of the flash card is in several steps and requires some matching with the console boot process. The operation of plugging and unplugging the card in console powered state will permanently damage the flash card. The reason why the mode toggle switch is designed in this way is to avoid the user to toggle it in the power-on state. I'm surprised the card hasn't shorted out and burned up by now. Can you please stop this immediately? Please.

Have you ever tested the RTC game under mode A to see if it works?

the issues were happening in mode a and mode b
i only fid the switch to mode b after having issues with the rtc, so far the card has not sustained any damage.
but i can indeed stop since i know rockman can at least read the rtc.
but pokemon still cannot read in mode a off the sd card/nor or mode b

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
You can post another video of your operation.

blank save folder, system setting tab can look the RTC option state. then mode A direct boot a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.