Hardware Ez Flash Omega DE - Game not writing to NOR flash

allemand_instable

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello I tried copying a ROM to NOR flash on EZFlashOmega DE, and it's stuck at 0Mb
Haven't powered off the console yet, what should I do ?
Is the EZ flash Omega Unit broken (not writing) ?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220629_203753_arcide_v3.jpg
    IMG_20220629_203753_arcide_v3.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 96

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
1. format the nor flash
2. try to use a pair of fresh batteries since you are using an AGB.
3. ensure there is enough free space larger than the game which you want to write.
4. change another game to write, just for test. because I saw your game is 130mb(larger than normal game size)

Reactions: allemand_instable

allemand_instable

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. format the nor flash
2. try to use a pair of fresh batteries since you are using an AGB.
3. ensure there is enough free space larger than the game which you want to write.
4. change another game to write, just for test. because I saw your game is 130mb(larger than normal game size)
thank you for your reply, I was trying to copy a Rom Hack of Pokemon on the NOR flash, I found out that normal games will copy just fine ( original ) but rom hacks won't, maybe due to how they are made byu shifting everything around

The NOR Flash works properly, but on standard GBA games, and I can still play my rom hacks by launching them from the SD with addons ! 😀

TsuMan9907

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thank you for your reply, I was trying to copy a Rom Hack of Pokemon on the NOR flash, I found out that normal games will copy just fine ( original ) but rom hacks won't, maybe due to how they are made byu shifting everything around

The NOR Flash works properly, but on standard GBA games, and I can still play my rom hacks by launching them from the SD with addons ! 😀
sorry to ask, but what's the rom hack youre using? im really thinking about buying an EZ flash omega (normal not definitive), however i want to know if it can run the pokemon Clover romhack whitout any issues, nobody has answer my question clearly tho... i dont want to buy the thing and not being able to play the game that i purchae it for, i have the same question for altair/sirius and vega romhacks, hope you can help me with this, greetings!!!

TechieSaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to ask, but what's the rom hack youre using? im really thinking about buying an EZ flash omega (normal not definitive), however i want to know if it can run the pokemon Clover romhack whitout any issues, nobody has answer my question clearly tho... i dont want to buy the thing and not being able to play the game that i purchae it for, i have the same question for altair/sirius and vega romhacks, hope you can help me with this, greetings!!!
I have an EZ Omega and can confirm all of those hacks to be working. Pokemon Clover needs its header corrected (for some reason it says its Pokemon Emerald even though it's actually Fire red) so addons work properly. I have attached a patch that fixes the header.

Attachments

• Pokemon Clover v1.2 Header Fix.zip
    228 bytes · Views: 37

TsuMan9907

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have an EZ Omega and can confirm all of those hacks to be working. Pokemon Clover needs its header corrected (for some reason it says its Pokemon Emerald even though it's actually Fire red) so addons work properly. I have attached a patch that fixes the header.
oh man really? didnt knew about this issue, so... let me get this clear, i cant play clover in the EZFO until i change the header to emerald? thats a weird bug... thanks tho, i might be really getting the thing, any recommended patcher for this?

TechieSaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh man really? didnt knew about this issue, so... let me get this clear, i cant play clover in the EZFO until i change the header to emerald? thats a weird bug... thanks tho, i might be really getting the thing, any recommended patcher for this?
The EZ Omega has two boot modes: Clean and Addon. The game will work fine if launched Clean through the Omega (it will be identified as Emerald when the save is initialized, but this doesn't matter because Emerald and Fire red use the same save type). The patch is to ensure the Addons of the cart work if one desires to use them.

To apply the patch, use Lunar IPS or the online patching tool at romhacking.net.

Last edited by TechieSaru,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse