EZ-Flash Junior - Lufia 3 doesn't work

Piplup87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My saved game gets deleted when I use the field record function in Lufia The Legend Returns on the ezFlash Junior. Is there a fix or is this game just incompatible with this cartridge? Are there other incompatible games for the ezFlash jr like this one? Thanks for any info provided.

Piplup87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible that during kernel startup you pressed the B key and skipped the backup save query?
hi there, thanks for asking. I have double checked the error using autosave on and autosave off, and double checking that I am saving in kernel properly. Normal save function works well for this game and other games, so i dont believe its an issue with the flash cartridge, other games, or my save process (wait 5 seconds, reset with cartridge button, confirm save in kernel). I think the issue is specifically related to the "field record" method of saving particular to this title.

I hope I have provided enough information, please dont hesitate to let me know if you need more info. thanks.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I just did a test and here are the steps of my test:
Rom info:
MD5(Lufia - The Legend Returns (USA).gbc)= a00012533e76649f4e7e1b7aa5a9ee07

EZ-FLASH Junior running 0918 FW5

1. Run the game. after the conversation with blue hair npc. press SELECT to summon map. press START to save.
2. Game will return to the title, I confirm that there is an additional resume in the start screen.
3. Press the RESET button on the card. Backup the save when the kernel booting.
4. Run the game again. and the resume option still there. Choose resume and enter the game ok.

Piplup87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just did a test and here are the steps of my test:
Rom info:
MD5(Lufia - The Legend Returns (USA).gbc)= a00012533e76649f4e7e1b7aa5a9ee07

EZ-FLASH Junior running 0918 FW5

1. Run the game. after the conversation with blue hair npc. press SELECT to summon map. press START to save.
2. Game will return to the title, I confirm that there is an additional resume in the start screen.
3. Press the RESET button on the card. Backup the save when the kernel booting.
4. Run the game again. and the resume option still there. Choose resume and enter the game ok.
Hello again.

Thank you for taking the time to run a test and outline your process. I have had a chance to perform a similar test. I worry that there are some differences though due to my own misunderstandings, so please correct any errors I have made below, and I can retry.

I have confirmed my ROM on the SD card matches your MD5 checksum perfectly (I am using Hashtab V6.0.0 to confirm)

My test:

1. Run the game. after the conversation with blue hair npc, press SELECT to summon map. press START to save.
2. Game will return to the title. There is no additional "Resume" for me, there is only "New Game" here now.

Possible explanations:

My EZ-FLASH Junior is running the 1.04e and Firmware 4 available here: https://www.ezflash.cn/download/ I am not sure if this is different from the "0918 FW5" that you describe. I am happy to try that different firmware but I am unsure where to go to download a copy for testing.

My SD card that I am using may be different than yours, or somehow not compatible. I am using the 8GB size of this model: https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product/micro-sdhc-class-10. It has seen limited use so far, and I bought it a year ago.

Thank you again for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?