EZ Flash Junior issue -- Final Fantasy Adventure save disappears once I save, or load a save, from a different game.

Alacres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an EZ Flash Junior recently and for the most part it's been pretty nice. The main annoyance I'm dealing with is losing save files for Final Fantasy Adventure. I save the game, I wait the 5+ seconds, and I reset the EZ Flash using the button on the back and it seems like it's not saving to the SD like it's supposed to. The save will be there until I continue or save a different game. Once I do either of those things, it's gone. When I looked into saving issues with the Junior, the two threads that popped up both involved this same exact game so I'm guessing it's an isolated issue.

The only thing I can think to try is maybe putting the latest beta FW on my Junior. I've got a 32gb Sandisk Extreme so I'm pretty sure it's fast enough for it but if it likely won't solve this issue, I'd rather not take the risk. So weird how it's the only game I've played so far that has this problem. The other games I've been playing with saving (Pokemon Blue, Link's Awakening DX, Pokemon TCG, etc) all function normally--despite some of them not even showing up in the SAVER folder.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks in advance.

Alacres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have auto save enabled?

And can I ask which version of the beta firmware you installed?
Hi, yes I do have auto save enabled. Should I disable it?

I'm not using the beta FW yet. I'm using the latest release FW4, 1.4e

Edit: I tried turning off auto-save, and sadly, there was no change in behavior.

Last edited by Alacres,

Alacres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please try this one.
#1,095
Just updated and the problem still persists :(. It looks like the save file isn't being created for this game because whenever I reboot, the "saving..." screen goes by really fast. For the other games, it takes at least a few seconds. I just can't figure out why this one particular game isn't able to save.

Is there anyone else with a Junior on hand that can test the saving in this game? Is my cart defective?

Edit: I just realized that Super Mario Land 2 is having the exact same issue. Sigh. I wonder how many other games won't be able to save properly?

Last edited by Alacres,

Alacres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you verify the rom hash with online rom list?
Yes, just tested the roms on romhacking.net and they are both valid. I can't imagine what could be causing this issue.

Edit: I solved the issue! I finally had the thought to check the SAVER folder while inserted into the PC to see if the files for the games with the saving issue were there and they were! They were 0 bytes in size so I guess they must have gotten corrupted while saving initially. Because of that, they weren't showing up in the SAVER folder when checking for them on the GBC.

I'm not sure why they got corrupted but I had an issue the other day where my GBC kept turning off when trying to boot past OS init on the junior (I guess because the junior takes so much battery power, especially at startup, and I had already used my 1500mAh battery for a few hours), so I was probably trying to save these games at around that point. That's my best guess, anyway.

At least now I'll know what to do if it happens again. I think I'll keep auto-save turned off from now on, to hopefully avoid corrupt saves again in the future.

Last edited by Alacres,
Reactions: EZ-Flash2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me