Hacking EZ Flash Jr Won't create Saves or Savestates

Tatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I seem to have the an issue with my EZ Flash Jr not saving. I just received this yesterday and I used 2 different SanDisk micro SD's to test. A 16 and 32 gb both formatted to FAT 32 with 32kb clusters. Both load my roms just fine but when I reset using the button or reset the power, the cart boots right into the main menu. I do see for a split second "SD Card Initialized OK" but then it goes straight into the main boot menu. I even tried it with the auto save option on but both SD cards do not allow for saves.

I even tried adding the SAVER folder I see other people talking about but it did nothing. I tried deleting the folder but nothing as well.

Running latest version and firmware update.

Could it be i have a defective unit?

Any Help appreciated. Thank you

Last edited by Tatter,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I seem to have the an issue with my EZ Flash Jr not saving. I just received this yesterday and I used 2 different SanDisk micro SD's to test. A 16 and 32 gb both formatted to FAT 32 with 32kb clusters. Both load my roms just fine but when I reset using the button or reset the power, the cart boots right into the main menu. I do see for a split second "SD Card Initialized OK" but then it goes straight into the main boot menu. I even tried it with the auto save option on but both SD cards do not allow for saves.

I even tried adding the SAVER folder I see other people talking about but it did nothing. I tried deleting the folder but nothing as well.

Running latest version and firmware update.

Could it be i have a defective unit?

Any Help appreciated. Thank you

What "latest version" as that's not a version

Tatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What "latest version" as that's not a version
i used the current downloads from the EZflash.cn website. the ezgb.dat file and i updated to firmware 4.

I also have a new development. The gave will create a savestate (.sav) file for my Pokemon Crystal rom, but not for my Alladin, Castlevania II, Croc 2, or Super Mario Land roms. Whenever i reset using the button with Pokemon Crystal, the option to create the savestate comes up.

I only tried these 5 games so far. Is the issue then the roms I have?

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used the current downloads from the EZflash.cn website. the ezgb.dat file and i updated to firmware 4.

I also have a new development. The gave will create a savestate (.sav) file for my Pokemon Crystal rom, but not for my Alladin, Castlevania II, Croc 2, or Super Mario Land roms. Whenever i reset using the button with Pokemon Crystal, the option to create the savestate comes up.

I only tried these 5 games so far. Is the issue then the roms I have?
Ok thoes games don't save so the EZ-Flash Jr. Will never makes saves

Tatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thoes games don't save so the EZ-Flash Jr. Will never makes saves
lol yeah I figured it out with playing Crystal and trying out different combos of yes/no on the saving menu. I thought the EZ flash would create a savestate so I could come back to the same spot each time on games that do not normally save, this way i didn't have to write down passwords or beat games in one go.

Thanks for helping me figure it out

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol yeah I figured it out with playing Crystal and trying out different combos of yes/no on the saving menu. I thought the EZ flash would create a savestate so I could come back to the same spot each time on games that do not normally save, this way i didn't have to write down passwords or beat games in one go.

Thanks for helping me figure it out
And the EZ-Flash Jr. Does not have save state feature

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs