Hacking EZ FLASH JR. Not Booting into OS

Ouroboros-Lestland

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I recieved my EZ-Flash Jr today and im already having some issues. I noticed that after booting a rom of German Pokemon Silver and shutting the Gameboy down after a save, the EZ Flash will take a long time to boot. After it is booting it promptly stays stuck on "LOADING...". Tried pulling it out, blowing in the cart, rubbing alcohol, so far the only thing that i can do is back everything up and plug the sd cart back in the pc and reformat it. I have 2 Gameboy Pockets, and both consoles have the same issue with the card.

Making this thread so this may be fixed in an upcoming Firmware Update, or if you people already know a solution.

Attachments

• 20210503_171740.jpg
    20210503_171740.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 25

Dwaalspoor98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
My Game Boy Pocket (at least one of them) (unmodified) also does not deliver enough power when the cart needs to save, if you dial the contrast to almost 0 it could proceed saving (at least on mine).

Seems to be fixed in the next firmware, but that one got pulled back, and still needs to be released one day.. See here for more information: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flas...-but-work-in-my-gameboy-advance.559763/page-2

Reactions: Ouroboros-Lestland
General chit-chat
Help Users
    R @ Rgorgory: hello here