EZ Flash Jr - folders not in alphabetical order?

Twiggs4625

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I get the folders to display in alphabetical order? they are all over the place in the menu screen on my EX Flash Jr.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can I get the folders to display in alphabetical order? they are all over the place in the menu screen on my EX Flash Jr.
It takes a lot of resources to handle file sorting "on the fly" on an underpowered device like the Gameboy - Initially on release, the EZFlash Jr would sort files and folder alphabetically but people complained about the slow interface and they have since updated the kernel to removes alphabetical sorting, making the interface a lot snappier.

For this reason, all GB Flashcards do not sort the files by name, but display them in the order they are written to the FAT.

There are tools out there that can sort the entries in your FAT alphabetically, though. "fat sorter" would be one specifically for windows, but there's likely applications for linux or mac as well.

Humanfly138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On a PC you can point a program called 'Bulk File Changer' to your SD cards and have it change date/time created properties in alphabetical order. I used this for PSP A-Z folders and ISOs inside them
Google Bulk File Changer tutorial PSP. I think I learned of it from a youtube tutorial

Twiggs4625

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip as well on that. I didnt think abotu the PSP ISO's but I will do that as well. Nice tip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs