EZ Flash IV wont work!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Popple3, Oct 22, 2007.

Oct 22, 2007

EZ Flash IV wont work! by Popple3 at 5:29 PM (1,535 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Popple3

Newcomer Popple3 Newbie

Sep 24, 2007
    I just received my EZ4 today, however the damn thing doesn't work.
    I put it into my DS and hold down R like you're supposed too, but it goes to my DS menu and says one of two things:
    1) "There is no Game Pak inserted"
    2) "There is a DS Option Pak inserted"

I have also tried it on my Game Boy Player, but it doesn't get past the Game Boy intro screen (as if there is no cart inserted, except the Nintendo logo is all messed up)
    Is there anyway to fix this, or do I have to send it back?
  2. TSK

Newcomer TSK Newbie

Nov 2, 2007
    Cheney, KS, USA
    United States
    Required Ingredients:
    Nintendo Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS (duh)
    EZ-Flash IV (again)
    Mini-SD Card (If you don't have it, you need it.)
    Mini-SD Card Reader

1. Insert mini-SD card into your computer. Make note of the drive letter windows gives to the drive. (For example, mine is set to H:\.)
    2. Open "My Computer" on your desktop or start menu, and right click on your card drive. Click 'Format'. Choose FAT (not FAT32) Formatting and click OK.
    3. Download the newest EZ4 Kernel. (here) You'll need to extract the "ezfla_up.bin" file from this archive.
    4. Copy the EZ4 Kernel file, "ezfla_up.bin" to the root (top) directory of your microSD card. Do not use the EZ4 Client to do this.
    5. Remove the microSD card and insert into your EZFlash IV. Insert into your game playing device.
    6. Hold the R trigger as you turn on your device. If you are using a DS and have your DS set to go to the menu before running a game, you'll need to choose 'Start GBA Game'. Hold the R button down until you see the kernel updating process begin. Do not turn the power off until the update process reaches 100%. It should reset by itself when finished.
    7. Reinsert your microSD card to your computer, and delete the "ezfla_up.bin" file from the card.