EZ Flash IV with EZ Flash V?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Vapourstreak, Mar 26, 2008.

Mar 26, 2008
  1. Vapourstreak
    OP

Member Vapourstreak GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i want to get an enamel navy ds lite now, but only the EZ Flash IV has the enamel navy colour (m3 lite has it too, but i hate it sooooo much). can you launch gba games and the other stuff from the EZ Flash V menu like you can do with the EZ Flash 3 in 1? how about the Opera Browser with the IV?

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Booting from EZ-V: I don't think so, the EZ-IV takes its own memory card and the games go on that. Buying the much more expensive EZ-IV to use like a 3-in-1 would be pointless. Maybe you can use the same MicroSD card for the EZ-IV as the EZ-V, just swapping it between the two carts with the menus for both on the card at the same time. I don't know if it's possible, might be worth looking into but given how cheap MicroSD cards are now you might as well just get another memory card and avoid the hassle.

I don't know about the Opera browser.

If it's just colour you're fussy about some people attempted to modify the 3-in-1 to fit in an official dust cover, search the forum to see how they got on. Ordering a spare dust cover from Nintendo and a 3-in-1 might be an option worth looking in to.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Rudolph made a tool to allow you to use the EZ4 memory for any DLDI capable DS slot cart he originally called the 2 in 1, I think the functionality also appeared in his newest GBA slot program.
    As for using directly from the EZ5 menu it is just the 3 in 1 unless you mean using the EZ5 as a nopass in which case you can load the DS menu.

Rudolph's 2 in 1 tool made it possible to use the EZ4 ram and there was a patch made from it by cory1492 as well.