pokechar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello.

I just bought an EZ Flash IV (GBA cart size), but I have a problem with it.

The cart alone, without any memory, boots, and it says that it didn't find disk. No problem in that.

The problem is, if I put in a Micro to Mini SD adapter, my GBA SP won't boot, nor my original GBA or DS Lite.

If one of those is turned on, even the DS Lite with a DS game playing, and I insert the EZ with the mini adapter, it shuts off.

I was really excited to try this flash card, and this is really disappointing. I hope I don't have to send it over to replace it.

Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Those Micro to Mini SD adapters are largely terrible and we do not suggest people use them if they can help it. Having it reset the console if you put it in during play is nothing new but turning off points to problems. My guess is the adapter is causing a short somewhere and drawing too much current (the usual problem of dodgy contacts leads to shorted contacts quite easily).

See if you can find a miniSD card (shops selling old mobile phones are a good source) of at least 256 megs and trying that.

pokechar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I will try with a Mini SD and with another Adapter, but coudn't it be possible that my card is faulty? Maybe the contacts are damaged or something. I will see later if it works. Thanks.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a short, and if you can't see it and fix it yourself, then send it back. :)

What I'm trying to say is that the short is in the miniSD reader, which is a common place; it also plagued some of the new (clone) Supercard miniSD flashcards.

What is the condition of the micro to mini SD adapter? Is it new? Is it dirty?

Mini SD is a pain in the ass to buy, but it has gotten better. Get one HERE shipped for $11, or a little more if your flag is correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz