Lithos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys,

I'm glad i just find this website !

I just bought a Ez Flash IV in order to transfer my shiny Clefairy to an actual French Emerald cartridge but i dont have the mean to find the way to patch my French Fire Red version ...

I'm using a normal link cable.

Do you have any way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some people do seem to have issues with link cables from time to time/game to game

Various means of solving your problem
If you have a DS/DS lite and a DS flash cart you could dump the save, do it on the PC and flash it back to your original cart.
Not sure if there is something else the kids are using now but Rudolph's GBA dumper tool should do the trick https://filetrip.net/file.php?id=3228
If you have some other means of dumping a GBA save then that is good too.

If this is the first step in some kind of "bring it to a 3ds game" sequence then you can skip some of those and get it right to a 3ds or DS game. While you can use a cart (see something like cory1492's pokepatch) most use emulators so I will leave that to you to search.

I am not sure how well saves transfer between versions -- Japan to outside Japan gets tricky but Europe to Europe/US is less so. There should be some existing patches somewhere for the English pokemon games.

I had 5 minutes so I made a patch like I made for the previous referenced ones. I have not tested it, much less tested it with the new 2.0 kernels but it should still work OK.
If you need a tool to apply IPS patches I quite like GBATA from http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm

Attachments

• 1679 - Pokemon - Version Rouge Feu link patch.zip
    503 bytes · Views: 211

Lithos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Fast6191,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I saw your post a few days ago giving answer to everybody and I really appreciate this mate.

I'm glad that there is still people like you around !

I find a solution actually, using my .sav GBA file from my phone to PC, then using Desmune to Pal Park the mons' and then using my R4 to trade to platinum.

But i'll keep the patch preciously as I will use it for completing my dex on Gba !

Thanks again for your help,

Best regards

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While you already worked around your problem, in future, for anyone who can't dump GBA games and saves from their DS, but has a Wii or homebrew-enabled GCN, you can use @FIX94's dumper, that's right here. Dumping full games is slow, but saves work just fine.

You could have dumped your Emerald, loaded it in the emulator, then flashed it back. But what's done is done.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
While you already worked around your problem, in future, for anyone who can't dump GBA games and saves from their DS, but has a Wii or homebrew-enabled GCN, you can use @FIX94's dumper, that's right here. Dumping full games is slow, but saves work just fine.

You could have dumped your Emerald, loaded it in the emulator, then flashed it back. But what's done is done.
whoa, thanks! yesterday i was thinking about something similair

i wanted to dump game boy and game boy color cartridges, will this work with a gba+ wii?
edit:
just checked in that thread. no it can't dumb GB\C games... what a bummer...
is there a way to dump them in a gamecube with game boy player?

Last edited by migles,

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

i wanted to dump game boy and game boy color cartridges, will this work with a gba+ wii?
edit:
There's a post in that thread that says it won't work
Edit: noticed your edit :P

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

edit:
Dumping GBC games should be possible with an N64, a GB transfer Pak and an Everdrive 64 (or any other N64 Flashcard that can run this homebrew "gb64_v0633_beta.zip": http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2298.0).

Last edited by Localhorst86,
Reactions: zfreeman

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Dumping GBC games should be possible with an N64, a GB transfer Pak and an Everdrive 64 (or any other N64 Flashcard that can run this homebrew "gb64_v0633_beta.zip": http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2298.0).
i am aware of this, however getting all of that stuff is not that great :C
for me the easiest case would be using a gamecube with gbaplayer, but i am starting to suspect the gamecube all it gets is audio\video output from it and has no access to the rom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse