EZ-Flash IV Stuck on Chinese and Star wars?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by benson733, Mar 22, 2011.

Mar 22, 2011
  1. benson733
    OP

Newcomer benson733 Member

Canada
    I would like to change the language of my EZ-Flash IV for my Gameboy SP. I would also like to maybe change the skin from that horrible star wars theme. Does anybody have any experience with this and could let me know how to do this?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  3. hunter291

Member hunter291 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    for the language:

start the gba. when the menu is loaded press
    down, down, down, a, a, a, down, a

now everything is in english

for skins: you can find skins online. skins need to be flashed on the ez flash. its like the current firmware + skin in one file. when you find one (if i remember correctly, they are called ezfla_up.bin) you put them on the mini sd and start the ez flash. the ez flash will flash the firmware and you have the new skin.

http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/viewforum.php?f=13

here you can get skins [​IMG]

edit: i type so slow xD

4. benson733
    OP

Canada
    Thanks. I have it in English now.

Any recommendations for a clean simple theme?

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Simple theme, I normally rarely change skins but as a rule if anything has a theme along the lines of a film, anime, cartoon game, TV show, book or something like that then as a first approximation it will not be visually simple.

Stuff based around themes often is quite visually simple. I have one called : Carbon Fibre- carbon I quite like but http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=...283&start=0 has a bunch you can see before you download (they should all be hosted on the site there so no worries about dead links).

Beware not all skins have a GBA side of things and you can always mix and match.

6. benson733
    OP

Canada

I do like that carbon theme but it appears to be a DS theme. I know it would work as its for the same card but I don't think it would give me the same effect. I found a Yoshi chalkboard them I think I'll just keep. I agree that it pointless to be constantly changing themes so I'll just keep this one for now.

Cheers and thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it very much.

7. Oveneise

Member Oveneise GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I was going to answer this, but you guys beat me to it. If you are looking for a theme, I highly recommend the Yoshi's Island theme. (can be found here) The only thing I dislike is the "help" screen is a big difficult to read due to the darker background... All you'll need to do is put the ez_fla.bin file found in the zip and put it in the root of your minisd card, and hold down R to update your skin.

8. benson733
    OP

Canada
    Thanks everybody for your fast and helpful response.

9. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    I'm using a Dreamcast theme that I'm kind of fond of. Has both a DS and GBA theme. The DS theme is a bit prettier/cleaner, but that's only because of the addition Mines game icon that can't be bothered to replace.