Hacking EZ Flash IV stops reading Micro SD (?)

Cornelius_Bear

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, hoping someone can advise me on trouble with a new EZ Flash IV.

I just got a one of the newest EZ Flash IV carts, and it worked great for two days. Now, when I start it up, it does not load anything: I get the EZPDA splash screen, but no dialog boxes or menu. I have tried swapping in other Micro SD cards and reformatting (using various tools) the one that has been working so far, and nothing changes.

The only response I can elicit is that if I insert a 64GB Micro SD card, which is too big for the cart to read, it will actually load the menu, letting me access the file browser and settings, I can even run the game that's loaded into NOR. But of course the cart can't read the SD card. When I put in an SD card of permitted size, I get the cart's splash screen with no response. I have tried upgrading the cart's firmware, which gets a black screen - it's as if the cart can't actually read the SD card. But I don't know why this doesn't happen when there is a card of incompatible size inserted.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you! Is my cart busted?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a bunch of microSD cards come a bit thinner than some older ones, quite often including the newer, smaller capacity and slower ones. What happens if you fold up a piece of paper and wedge it in with the microSD card?

Cornelius_Bear

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had a bunch of microSD cards come a bit thinner than some older ones, quite often including the newer, smaller capacity and slower ones. What happens if you fold up a piece of paper and wedge it in with the microSD card?

Thanks! I've tried this a few different ways and haven't had any success. Part of what has me worried is that the very same microSD card was working just a few hours before. I took it out to add some files to it, put it back in, and then this started.

Cornelius_Bear

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BREAKING UPDATE... I walked into a corner phone shop and bought a cheap 4GB ADATA brand microSD (this model of EZ-FLash IV is supposed to recognize 2GB-32GB). It will start up the system and load the file manager, but won't see any of the data on the card. When I select EZ-Disk, I see a blank folder; when I select that, I get the message "WARNING: Unkonwn operation" (sic).

It's impossible for me to tell what is going on, since different microSD cards get different responses, but it doesn't want to read any of them. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM