Ez Flash IV save problem

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Fisaulerod, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Fisaulerod
    OP

Fisaulerod Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2011
    Cote d'Ivoire
    First, my english is very bad, so I'm sorry if I write something wrong...
    well, this is the problem:
    I have a Ez-Flash IV. I know how to use it (patch the games with the clients and create the .sav files), and my Ez-flash worked fine, no problem with the save. A little time ago I had the stupid idea of trying to use the ez-flash IV to send pokemons from gba to ds games (i used a tutorial which said that works fine for ez-flash IV), and I used a 3in1 expansion program which wrote in the NOR memory of the ez-flash IV (I don't know very well what is the NOR memory). After that nothing work and I couldn't use my ez-flash IV alone in my gba because the games didn't appear in the file manager of the ez-flash when the games where indeed in the mini-sd card (in the ez-flash appeared a lot of strange files which there were not in the sd card). After that I solved that problem erasing the NOR memory with the same 3in1 expansion program in the ds (the games came back and all seem to be fine).
    Now I realized that the ez-flash don't write in the sd card. For example, I play a game which I have a previous saved file and the ez-flash load that .sav (that's okay), but then when I save (the ez-flash shows the typycal square of writing) and then I load the same game I have the same saved of the previous time (like if I didn't play). It's is like the ez-flash doesn't write in the sd card.
    I erased some .sav files to see if It is a problem with the SRAM memory (like if I didn't put the .sav file and only the save of the last game remain) of the ez-flash, and indeed the progress of the game were saved in the memory of the ez-flash, so the problem is that the flashcard doesn't write in the sd.

Do you have any idea of the problem?

Sorry for the long text, I tried to explain it the best possible.

Thanks in advance.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    You used an expansion program to write the NOR- these have a history of causing issues (in fact you are lucky it did not cause more problems).

There are NOR restoring methods but you might be lucky- try rewriting the EZ4 loader (copy ezfla_up.bin to the SD card and hold R when booting- EZ4client if you got it from sosuke's or filetrip will have a copy of one but otherwise you can make one or use http://www.4shared.com/file/Sny1zGqg/EZ4lo...0315-RESET.html just to get it all running again).

3. Fisaulerod
    OP

Fisaulerod Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2011
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Thanks! It worked. I had reinstalled the firmware before but It didn't work, maybe I didn't use the correct one.
    Again,thanks. The topic can be closed.