EZ Flash IV Roms compability

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Chaosruler, Jun 20, 2010.

Jun 20, 2010

EZ Flash IV Roms compability by Chaosruler at 9:56 PM (2,327 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Chaosruler
    OP

Member Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    I recently bought EZ Flash IV for my Gameboy Advance original
    I flashed it with the latest firmware I found (via sosuke's website)
    I have issues with 1781 Beyblade G-revolution and to find a EZ Flash IV (White screen when boots to PSRAM and\or NOR flas memory,unplayable, ROM seems to work with Visualboy Advance, inserted via Ez Flash IV client which SRAM patchs the ROM and trimms it)
    GBA Rom Compability list
    my question is
    1. where can I find the list?
    2. is there a patch that I can't seem to find?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    uses EEPROM for save type. did you SRAM patch it.

Use the EZ-Flash IV Client to SRAM patch the game.

3. Chaosruler
    OP

Israel
    Yes, I SRAM patched it, and even if it didn't it should have ran the game and not let it save\load correctly, either way I inserted the ROM via the client and it trimmed and SRAM patched it, any more suggestions? (I googled a patch too, no results)

4. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    I played and clocked this game on my EZ4 about 3 years ago lol. So at the least I can give you hope that it should be fixable!

You are using the latest client/patcher aswell?

You could try another dump. If 1781 is the (U) dump, try the (E) dump? (or vice versa).

You could try patching with gbata, or try an older client/firmware (unlikely to help i guess though...)

5. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    try using gbata to patch it if the ez-client didn't work.

Actually some SRAM patchers do things differently, so trying gbata is another option.

Using specific patchers first, like the ez client, then expand to general tools like gbata if the specific fails is always the way you want to methodically go through things.

I tried it on several dumps of the game. The gbata sram patching does fix the white screen issue. If your using any saves from VBA you have to fix them before use.

6. Chaosruler
    OP

Israel
    I noticed the game uses V124 so I used this
    Didn't work, I am going to get a new dump of the game and try all those methods

About the save file idea, I am not using a written save file, I did get a save file to the saver folder by the EZ Flash Client, should I retry all those softwares and delete that save every time?

Edit:
    I took OSW's advice and tried a different region release
    before I patched the rom via GBATA, I ran various crc32 check on both of `em and their SRAM patched\trimmed version and matched
    my results with g-Online v3 with Costello's db
    seems like all the (E) releases have a different CRC32 then the matching one from the release, and they are all without an intro (which is where the anti piracy is issued if its a white screen imo), I tried a (U) release (with no intro crc32 matching with intro crc32, which gives me the hope that there is no intro at the (U) version, my opinion is that it has something to do with the header, after I tried the (U) version my EZ Flash IV reported my memory card is not FAT (which is not true, maybe Windows reports it as "plain FAT" but its FAT 16), I will format the SD card with panasonic formatter, its not SDHC and I don't think the IV's come late enough to support HC

7. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    If none of the patchers worked, you got a dirty rom to start with.

8. Chaosruler
    OP

Israel
    I found the issue
    For future issues : The header of the ROM had an extra 16 bits that made it difficult to run, thank FAST~ for clearing it out by him doing that ROM tests