Hacking EZ Flash IV - Rescue Heroes question

cirruspaxton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. My son had been playing "Rescue Heroes - Billy Blazes" for the GBA and I attempted to put it on a EZ Flash IV for him, but I can't press Start on the main screen, so the game will not start. I'm using a regular MiniSD, have used the newest firmware available, and have, using the EZ Flash software, tried sending the rom over patched, and unpatched. (Since it has no saves, I figured I'd try.) I also made sure that the file names were Rescue.gba and Rescue.sav, so they wouldn't be too long, if that were an issue. I'm lost, at this point. Can you offer any suggestions? I really want to show make his day with this cart (and have his favorite games all in one place)

To clarify: the game loads, sounds fine, goes to the main screen, and just sits there (with music playing), not responding to my button presses. Also, I'm playing on a Gameboy SP.

As a side issue, nothing appears to be saving correctly, but maybe I need to let the gameboy run for a while to recharge the battery. This is a "new" EZ Flash IV, but I realize that the initial battery charge probably took place a few years ago, so I'm hoping that will fix that problem

edit; solved. This was an issue with the "Reset" option when transferring games using the EZ Loader program. For some reason, whatever that function does causes some games not to recognize any button input. And Rescue Heroes was one of them. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1