EZ Flash IV Quit from game

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by JaxxBlaxx, Feb 3, 2016.

1. JaxxBlaxx
    OP

JaxxBlaxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    I just got an EZ Flash IV flashcard for my GBA, but I couldn't figure out how to quit from a game to the main menu.

I heard that the new EZ client has a bug with the soft reset button configuration, so I tried using an old EZ client I found somewhere on the net, but I still can't soft reset or quit out of any game with default and modified button config for soft reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Riptide

Riptide Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    GBATA can apply the sleep and reset patches iirc

3. JaxxBlaxx
    OP

JaxxBlaxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    Thanks for the reply! I'll try it out!

4. arq

arq Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2015
    Finland
    Please tell if GBATA work fine. If it does not, check out my topic on this issue: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-iv-newest-ez4client-fails-to-reset-patch.398134/

For me, the only ezsoft version that patched soft-reset was Version 1.03: EZ4_20070521.zip

Does not work on all games, thus far have encountered 5 or so. I have used the older client with no other problems - apart from the known issue games, like chu chu rocket, which only displays blank white screen.

5. JaxxBlaxx
    OP

JaxxBlaxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    Sorry for a really late reply, but though GBATA works fine to reset the game, it does not reset back to the EZ menu but immediately resets back to the game itself.

I tried the Version 1.03 of EZ Client, but sadly, I can't get my games to soft-reset using it.

6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    update the ez firmware to the last one,
    use the last ez client, it works for me since the 1.76 firmware

edit: forgot to mention, doesn't work for me if i am playing from NOR

Last edited by migles, Apr 10, 2016