EZ Flash IV or EZ 3-in-1

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Pyrmon, Nov 21, 2010.

Nov 21, 2010

EZ Flash IV or EZ 3-in-1 by Pyrmon at 4:51 PM (2,634 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Pyrmon
    OP

Member Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Canada
    Hi, so I would like a GBA flash card that is capable of playing Pokemon games with the RTC. Now, I know there aren't any flash card available that has RTC but I heard that you can patch the ROM and it will work on an EZ Flash IV or on an EZ 3-in-1(I can't remember which one). So I would like to know which one I should get between these two or if I would be better off with a SC MiniSD or a Firelink or some other GBA Flash Card. Other wise, there would still be the option of getting a DSTWO if it can emulate a RTC.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    You want a gba flashcart with RTC, ain't happening. Your a day late, nobody makes them or sells them anymore.

You can get buy the M3 gba expansion pack, the only thing with RTC, can only be used in a DS/DSL only.

To get one use the vendor list here to find a vendor that sells it and you don't have issues with.

Pokemon Emerald has no patch and requires actual a gba flashcart with RTC. All others have some patch depending on the pokemon game and region will have a patch or not.

3. Sao Mortel

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    It depends on the 'feeling' you are looking for.
    SCDS2 ONLY has RTC so if you want to interac with other pokemon cart its not a choice but if you just wanna play the game its your best choice.
    EZ-FLASH IV works just like a nds flashcart so if you want to mostly play on GBA its your best choice you can also dump/upload saves from real carts.
    3in1 is not that easy to use but games can be 'flashed' onto it so it will react as it was the real thing. You can also use it on gba but you will need a NDS to set it up and a compatible slot-1 flashcart. This is my first choice still.

Just get them all!

4. Pyrmon
    OP

Member Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Canada
    And how about the M3 GBA expansion pack? Is that any good?

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The M3 GEP will only work in a DS/L only since it stores the game in SDRAM module.

6. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I would go with the EZ-Flash IV if I was you.