Hardware Ez-Flash IV on GBA, opinions please?

cherrypie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Time has come to upgrade my EFA 256mbit to something with a lot more storage space and I'm looking hard at the EZ4 seeing it has the flexibilty of using mini-sd.

I'm hoping to get a little feedback from those who actually use this cart in a GBA before I purchase one for my GBA SP.

So my questions for EZ4 owners...

Are you happy with the cart?
Has it been reliable?
Is it reasonable on battery life?
Any problems running GBA games, PocketNES or SMSAdvance?

I am aware of the lack of a realtime clock, not really a concern, I'm sick to death of pokemon games, and even if I wanted to play one I'll just patch it and live without the clock.

Thank you.

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you happy with the cart?
Has it been reliable?
Is it reasonable on battery life?
Any problems running GBA games, PocketNES or SMSAdvance?

I am aware of the lack of a realtime clock, not really a concern, I'm sick to death of pokemon games, and even if I wanted to play one I'll just patch it and live without the clock.
I am very happy with my cart.
Yes it has.
Never had any problems with the battery.
Never had any problems.

The clock has never been a problem.

EZ4 is a really good choice for GBA gaming. However, if you are only going to use it with your GBA, I would go with the EZ3. Its cheaper and has the clock.

cherrypie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Heinrisch: Thank you for your feedback, I had given the EZ3 a lot of consideration but so far prices delivered to me have worked out quite a bit cheaper to get an EZ4 bundled with a 1024MB Kingston Mini-SD card vs a 8Gbit EZ3, I can live without the RTC, so far that seems to be the only disadvantage the EZ4 has over the EZ3.

@Dirtie: That thought had crossed my mind mainly because the EFA has been an outstanding cart. However I travel quite a lot and the gba is basically my relief from boredom, so for simplicities sake I would prefer to just have one big cart packed with everything I could possibly desire to play.

Thanks guys
smile.gif

One more question, is it possible to change the background in the EZ4 GBA Loader to something of my choice?

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One more question, is it possible to change the background in the EZ4 GBA Loader to something of my choice?

Yes it is.

Excellent, I shall order one now.

Noticed your signature good to see another dvorak user around here.
There are a couple of guys who are using dvorak at my school and they recommended me to start using it. However, I have been lazy these last couple of weeks and I have not practiced much.. time to start again
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/BkUi1uEdCmk