Hacking EZ Flash IV NOR

Agent20003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings!

I am a new EZ Flash IV user and as the title states, my issue concerns the NOR memory. My PSRAM memory works absolutely fine for games equal to 16384 KB or below. The problem is with the NOR.

When I got my EZ Flash IV, the very first game I flashed to NOR was PMD- Red Rescue Team. It flashed without any problems and I could play it perfectly. However, when I try to flash a second game, I get a message indicating that the NOR memory is not enough. Formatting the NOR memory and trying to write a different game, however, leaves me stuck writing at 254 Mb. When I turn off my GBA SP during the writing process (as I have no choice) to check the NOR menu, PMD- Red Rescue Team is still there. However, when I click on it, the game I was trying to write earlier loads instead. This is the same situation I face for any other game I try to write to NOR (the game loads but is under the name of PMD).

The other problem is the fact that I can only write one game of my choice to NOR. Are the new EZ Flash IVs really capable of only writing one game to NOR because the NOR chips were changed for the new batches?

Agent20003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post.

Ignoring the first problem, can someone at least tell me whether the "one game in NOR" thing is true or not? That's all I really wanted to know to be honest.

160R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have one of the recent EZ-Flash IV and I have no problems to format and wrote other game in NOR memory. Maybe yours is faulty? Try asking to the store where you bought it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)