Hacking EZ Flash IV NOR writing quickly but not showing up

Krous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I've been googling for the past two days and still haven't found a solution that worked. My EZ Flash IV (Model #: EZ402 2006.03) will not write to the NOR. I'm trying to get Mother 3 to write and after about a minute after using the Select+A to write it to NOR it finishes and when I go back to the SD Card folder it is not there like others say it is.
I've tried using version 1.71, 1.72, and 1.74 with the same results. Nothing seems to work so maybe it's a hardware issue? Just wanted to see if anyone might know something else to try since this was the whole reason I bought an EZ Flash IV in the first place.

Here's a picture of the cart just in case it's relevant: http://img.alibaba.com/img/pb/013/856/576/576856013_459.jpg
I'm also using a microSD > miniSD adapter if that's relevant.
Thanks for reading and any possible info you could spare.

MartinAugustsson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I've been googling for the past two days and still haven't found a solution that worked. My EZ Flash IV (Model #: EZ402 2006.03) will not write to the NOR. I'm trying to get Mother 3 to write and after about a minute after using the Select+A to write it to NOR it finishes and when I go back to the SD Card folder it is not there like others say it is.
I've tried using version 1.71, 1.72, and 1.74 with the same results. Nothing seems to work so maybe it's a hardware issue? Just wanted to see if anyone might know something else to try since this was the whole reason I bought an EZ Flash IV in the first place.

Here's a picture of the cart just in case it's relevant: http://img.alibaba.com/img/pb/013/856/576/576856013_459.jpg
I'm also using a microSD > miniSD adapter if that's relevant.
Thanks for reading and any possible info you could spare.
If you can write other games to the NOR then it's probably a rom issue. Try to fix the header and write it to NOR again. If you can't write any game to NOR, try to flash 1.74 if you're on 1.72 and 1.72 if you're on 1.74

Here's an archive with both 1.72 and 1.74 pre-patched with the clearlooks skin

Krous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can write other games to the NOR then it's probably a rom issue. Try to fix the header and write it to NOR again. If you can't write any game to NOR, try to flash 1.74 if you're on 1.72 and 1.72 if you're on 1.74

Here's an archive with both 1.72 and 1.74 pre-patched with the clearlooks skin

I've tried flashing to every version and nothing changes; it just writes it quickly but never appears where it's supposed to. It doesn't write any other game to the NOR either.

MartinAugustsson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried flashing to every version and nothing changes; it just writes it quickly but never appears where it's supposed to. It doesn't write any other game to the NOR either.
Sounds like there's something wrong with the card then. As far as I know, there's only two version of the EZ-Flash IV at the moment. And the solution would be 1.72 or 1.74. I used to have the same problem and it got fixed when I used the Clearlooks v5 1.74 firmware

JB9800

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krous -

Did you get this figured out? I've just gotten a new EZIV and have the exact same problem. I've tried almost everything...

Kayleea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen other posts saying the similar problem. One guy said that he used his EZ4 working on his GBA and encountered this problem. By trying some new alkalines in the GBAs, the NOR worked perfectly fine. So this might be a solution.
Also the gba roms need to be added patches by the EZ4_Client before they can be written into the NOR. ALso might be the reason.

Dnilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sounds like there's something wrong with the card then. As far as I know, there's only two version of the EZ-Flash IV at the moment. And the solution would be 1.72 or 1.74. I used to have the same problem and it got fixed when I used the Clearlooks v5 1.74 firmware

You just saved me from going to the mental asylum. Wrote the 1.72, didn't work, then wrote the 1.74, my NOR is working now.

Now, after writing the 2.02 over the stock 2.01, then 1.78, nothing worked, then I read the above post about the batteries, and since I use a modded GBA with 101 screen (voltages change a tiny bit) and using Eneloop rechargeable batts, I thought it would be good to use my GB Micro to flash the firmware, so I proceeded with your 1.72 but continued with the same problem, then I finally flashed the 1.74 on your pack and everything started working fine! I did this on a brand new EZflash 4 (regular micro sd version).

I don't know if the GBM had the correct voltages or whatever.

After all that, I re-flashed my own skinned version of the 2.02 and continued using my EZflash IV with my modded AGB-101 without problems.

Thank you guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hands free vr