OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been reading about these to products in reviews and forums around on the
internet. I've narrowed it down to either of these two. I want to know what you
guys think of either of these two carts. Either from reading or testing.
It doesnt really matter. Any info is welcome

nds.gif
G6 Lite 4Gb

+ 4Gbit memory (~12 games is more than enough)
+ Touchpad compatibility
+ NAND - no slowdown when running games
+ Perfect fit in GBA slot
+ Good/perfect game compatibility

- Skinnable (edit:just found out G6 is not skinnable!!)
- Not upgradable memory (static 4Gbit)
- Menu graphics

nds.gif
EZFlash IV Lite

+ Upgradeable memory (micro SD slot)
+ Touchpad compatibility
+ NAND - no slowdown when running games
+ Good/perfect game compatibility
+ Skinnable (looks real cool)

- 0.8mm too big (it really does matter)
wtf.gif

Currently Im leaning against EZF4 Lite. Specially since I just found out that G6
Is not skinnable!! That really bummed me out, cus before that I was real close
to buying G6. Only thing that is "skinnable" with G6 is that you can change
background image/wallpaper. And that in my opinion isnt enough. But that's
just me
blink.gif

I havent seen many screenshots from either of the two. But from the ones
I've seen they don't look too good. But if I'm not wrong, both are skinnable. If
Anyone has any SS from their own setup, please post them.

I've checked prices around from different dealers and it looks like they all got
approximately the same prices. I need a dealer that can ship to Norway, where
I live. If there are any dealers I should keep away from or any good dealers
you would recommend, please tell me. As I've said earlier any info is
welcome
rofl2.gif

Dealer which sell either or both:
GamesYeeeah
GamerSection
Kick Trading
WinSunx

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
= waste of money...i got an ezflash 4 lite deluxe (about 40 bucks and runs gba and nds), the compact runs only nds (20 bucks cheaper than deluxe) (both sit 99.9% flush to the lite) nds and gba compatability is good and loader is fully skinnable. I may be a fanboy of ezteam but ive been very happy with the product.

bediii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The reason why Im not concidering M3 is that I have an impression it has crap compatibility and slow emulation or whatever. And skinning isn't that important either. I know Im going to stop playing with skins after the first week. It's just good to have that feature.

thanks for the replies!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as I know the TS of the G6 Lite is skinnable. Just the upper screen is indeedly not skinnable.

And why are the Menu-Graphics negative? I think they are adoreable! With those icons...

bediii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As far as I know the TS of the G6 Lite is skinnable. Just the upper screen is indeedly not skinnable.

And why are the Menu-Graphics negative? I think they are adoreable! With those icons...

Yea. Thats just a matter of taste. My pal, who is gonna order with me, like the G6 design/menu's. But I really dont. I like EZF4 ones alot more. I am leaning more and more to the EZF4 delux. And it seems like there isn't much difference in price between a EZ with 1GByte is and a G6 with 512Mbyte.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Yea. Thats just a matter of taste. My pal, who is gonna order with me, like the G6 design/menu's. But I really dont. I like EZF4 ones alot more. I am leaning more and more to the EZF4 delux. And it seems like there isn't much difference in price between a EZ with 1GByte is and a G6 with 512Mbyte.

Yeah, that`s why I wrote I think the menu is adoreable!

And when it is a matter of taste I think it shouldn`t be mentioned in a objective comperison. But this comperison is of someones oppinion, so I'm sorry.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The reason why Im not concidering M3 is that I have an impression it has crap compatibility and slow emulation or whatever. And skinning isn't that important either. I know Im going to stop playing with skins after the first week. It's just good to have that feature.

thanks for the replies!

Obviously someone's been feeding you bs or you simply did not read enough around the forums. M3 has crap compatibility and slow emulation? Don't make me laugh, the m3/g6 units are known to have the highest compatibility when it comes to DS/GBA games. I'm not exactly caught up on how ez4 is doing but last I looked they still had more compatibility issues to iron out than the m3/g6 products. I loved my ezflash II powerstar on the gba, that is an awesome cart I still use since it's 100% compatible basically with all the games and I've never had a problem with the product. I have little comments about your skin comments since I think that should be the absolute last factor when deciding on which flashcart to get....otherwise you'll be the one sitting there staring @ your pretty start up screen while everyone else is actually able to run roms and homebrew that may not be compatible with your card.

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know how "on the ball" EZ is about updating their firmware for a new game. I know for a fact that G6 is VERY good about updating for the new stuff. That is probably something to consider.

bediii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

thanks for the replies!

Obviously someone's been feeding you bs or you simply did not read enough around the forums. M3 has crap compatibility and slow emulation? Don't make me laugh, the m3/g6 units are known to have the highest compatibility when it comes to DS/GBA games. I'm not exactly caught up on how ez4 is doing but last I looked they still had more compatibility issues to iron out than the m3/g6 products. I loved my ezflash II powerstar on the gba, that is an awesome cart I still use since it's 100% compatible basically with all the games and I've never had a problem with the product. I have little comments about your skin comments since I think that should be the absolute last factor when deciding on which flashcart to get....otherwise you'll be the one sitting there staring @ your pretty start up screen while everyone else is actually able to run roms and homebrew that may not be compatible with your card.

1. Your mixing two different units from the same developer. I know G6 have good compatibility and speed. But there were alot of people complaining about alot of things with M3 on they're forums. Still I'll go read more on the M3 device.
2. I never said skinning was the most important factor. I just implied that I liked there too be a skinning feature.
3. Compatibility is a major factor, thats true.

QUOTE(Golds @ Oct 1 2006, 03:09 PM)I dont know how "on the ball" EZ is about updating their firmware for a new game. I know for a fact that G6 is VERY good about updating for the new stuff. That is probably something to consider.

Yea I agree thats an important factor. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll go check both websites, and see how often they update. I know my old EZ F2A had bad update, but then again it always worked fine with absolutely everything
biggrin.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can say I like my EZ4 much better than my M3... for various reasons besides price. I mean, EZ's coders dont jump like water on a hot griddle to get an update out when a new DS game gets dumped, but at the same time they dont really slack on that side of things either.

bediii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Now I remember why I ruled out the M3. Because it didnt have touchpad compatibility (atleast thats what the M3 lite review on this site said). I really want that feature on the cart Im buying!! The review complained about slow replay on GBA and NDS games aswell! Another thing thats a bit less important about M3 is that its too tight fit in the GBA slot (also read from the M3 review). I doubt this is gonna be an issue at first, but after a while Im betting its gonna get annoying or it may even ruin the GBA slot or even the cart itself...

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

thanks for the replies!

1. Your mixing two different units from the same developer. I know G6 have good compatibility and speed. But there were alot of people complaining about alot of things with M3 on they're forums. Still I'll go read more on the M3 device.
2. I never said skinning was the most important factor. I just implied that I liked there too be a skinning feature.
3. Compatibility is a major factor, thats true.

I dont know how "on the ball" EZ is about updating their firmware for a new game. I know for a fact that G6 is VERY good about updating for the new stuff. That is probably something to consider.

Yea I agree thats an important factor. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll go check both websites, and see how often they update. I know my old EZ F2A had bad update, but then again it always worked fine with absolutely everything
biggrin.gif

I'm not mixing anything, I say it as a product line because it's the same team that produces both units. With the latest softwares/firmwares, I'd say m3/g6 works identically in terms of compatibility for both nds and gba....other than maybe 1-2 games that run on g6 better than m3 like spyro or harry potter....but can't confirm that since I haven't tried any of those on the m3 lite yet with the latest firmwares. How do I know this....I have 3-4 units of both products and use them extensively. But the m3 shines in storage capacity and homebrew support overall. Now yes the g6 does have touchscreen support and m3 does not....but I've never used the touchscreen on menus even when I do own g6's so it does not matter. Both menu systems aren't horribly slow but when you have a supercard product (for me supercard lites), the m3/g6 menus feel slow afterwards As far as complaints go, you'll get complaints for all products (especially on internet forums for christ sakes). It's the typical thing that happens when complaining and bitching takes the loudest voice....and all those satisfied just says nothing because they're happy using the product.

EDIT: In reply to your last post, the tight fit is a minute issue. It is not even close to a tight fit in my opinion, just a tad firm on the way in. The supercard lite on the other hand may make you paranoid that may scratch something since it's tight all the way till contact. The m3lite and g6lite both have very similar fits with the g6lite closer to the dust cover....but not by much.

bediii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Right after I decided to buy EZF4 lite, I saw two new slot1 units out: Acekard and ds-xtreme
cry.gif
Guess I gotta go reading again! I saw the Acekard video on the forums and it looked nice. Its supposedly skinnable, but I didnt see the dude use the touchpad while in AK os
unsure.gif

Thanks for your help. If I dont like the two new units, Im going to buy EZF4. The price didnt seem to differ alot anyway.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know how "on the ball" EZ is about updating their firmware for a new game. I know for a fact that G6 is VERY good about updating for the new stuff. That is probably something to consider.

This is becoming less and less of an issue w/ every new release of the client/firmware as less and less new dumps do not function properly when patched w/ the recent clients. For example DQH: Rocket Slime, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Mage Knight (all US versions) are recent things I've tested that worked fine w/o an update to either the firmware or client.

The last thing I can think of that didn't work w/o an update to the EZ4Client, or more to the point its patcher dll was Lego Star Wars 2, and FWIU the EZ Flash team were the first to get it working on one of their products.

I know my old EZ F2A had bad update, but then again it always worked fine with absolutely everythingÂ
biggrin.gif

Flash2Advance carts are not made by the same people who make the EZ4.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think he means the ezflash2.....not sure where the "a" comes from though, I agree with the ezflash2, I have both the 256mbit one and the 1 gigbit one, both is perfect for whatever I throw @ it for gba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol