EZ Flash IV Lite Compact Problem

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by adgloride, Feb 16, 2007.

Feb 16, 2007
  1. adgloride
    OP

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I got a 1gb kingston the taiwan version for the EZ Flash IV Compact. Has anyone ever had the EZ Flash totally wipe out all data from the microsd memory card? It happened to me today, I've just got the card and wondering if its the EZ flash or the card. Another problem is the cartridge doesn't always seem to boot. If I take the cartridge out to get to the microsd card, sometimes I have to put it in the DS a few times for the EZ Flash to come on, otherwise I just get the health screen (I have the DS flashed with flashme).

2. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    Never had the memory dump right out on me, but have come across this not-finding-the-cart business quite a lot, on and off, so I reckon that's a fairly common burp with the EZflashIv's. It's not every time, but enough to be noticeable.

3. adgloride
    OP

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    The problem seems to be the microsd card and not the EZFlash IV. The cart isn't picking it up at all now and the memory card reader doesn't like it either. I've a feeling after 6 hours of the kingston 1gb microsd working, it maybe fake.

4. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the ez flash team at the ez flash board warns people that the kingston made in taiwan is very unstable and will die at any moment, they advise you to make sure you have a 1gb kingston made in japan since those made in taiwan are substandard

* PNY safety=4, fastest=3 * Speed setting based on 1GB Japanese manufactured version. Avoid the Taiwanese PNY 1GB version because it suffers stability problems.
    * Kingmax safety=8, fastest=6
    * Sandisk safety=12, fastest=10
    * Kingston *Taiwan* safety=7 fastest=5
    Avoid the Taiwanese Kingston 1GB version because it suffers stability problems.
    * Kingston *Japan* safety=3 fastest=2

If a game doesn't load, try increasing the MicroSD speed setting. Remember that increasing it makes it slower.