Hacking EZ Flash IV killed my sd card!?

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked and I loaded up one ROM and played it for a minute.

Tried it today and:
Error
Sector 8
Data: eb

My computer also isn't detecting the microSD.

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How long were you using the mini sd at all? What Brand ist it?

I'am currently looking for a new mini sd for my EZ IV... are sdhc cards over 2 GB supported? BTW: What brand is the best for EZ IV?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you were using a MicroSD to MiniSD adapter then serves you right, it has been warned here multiple times that those cards have compatibility issues.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'am currently looking for a new mini sd for my EZ IV... are sdhc cards over 2 GB supported? BTW: What brand is the best for EZ IV?

SDHC is not supported, not that is really matters with the size of the GBA library though.

Best brand.... one that does not come out of Hong Kong or China -- as everything is written to one type of internal memory or the other, actions that are considerably slower than the read speeds of NAND flash used in ?SD cards, it does not matter. http://www.amazon.de/Transcend-Mini-SD-2GB-Speicherkarte/dp/B000IVDGJI/ seems reasonable though I do suggest chatting to some shops that sell old mobile phones. That said those really old 64 megabyte ones you used to get in mobile phones as a basic memory card seem to pose some trouble for the EZ4.

BoFoSho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were using a MicroSD to MiniSD adapter then serves you right, it has been warned here multiple times that those cards have compatibility issues.
The whole adapter compatibility nonsense needs to stop.
All the Adapter does is reroute pins. MiniSD has 11, MicroSD has 8, SD has 9. Guess how many the EZ Flash (Along with every other MiniSD device uses? What is that 8 pins? All of which are routing to the same points as if it were a MiniSD?
The only reason an SD card of any type would not be compatible is if it were SDHC or above, It were built with poorly manufactured parts or, it was damaged outside of use. He could have used a Regular SD if he felt inclined to build a simple adapter.

Don't be so obnoxious when someone asks a question.

Sorry OP.
Epicelite, What OS are you running on your computer to start with?
Different methods to repair drives for different OS'.
Are you using an adapter to plug it in to your computer? If so, what brand?, USB or other means?, Model #?

sd-card-pinout.png

275px-MMC-SD-miniSD-microSD-Color-Numbers-Names.gif

mini_contact.jpeg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The whole adapter compatibility nonsense needs to stop.
All the Adapter does is reroute pins. MiniSD has 11, MicroSD has 8, SD has 9. Guess how many the EZ Flash (Along with every other MiniSD device uses? What is that 8 pins? All of which are routing to the same points as if it were a MiniSD?
The only reason an SD card of any type would not be compatible is if it were SDHC or above, It were built with poorly manufactured parts or, it was damaged outside of use. He could have used a Regular SD if he felt inclined to build a simple adapter.

Agreed that is all it has to do and agreed that it should work fine. However on many, many, many occasions now people with perfectly functioning microSD cards and adapters have had symptoms that usually speak to bad contact which are subsequently resolved completely and immediately when they ditch the microSD to miniSD adapter and get a full on miniSD.

Reactions: Yepi69

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am well aware of the "contacts" problem(which is fixable) but the point was to fix Yepi69's error not to state what the "problem" is with adapters.

You proved wrong, if they tried with a miniSD card first they wouldn't have such a problem, it has been warned that microSD's tend to have problems with EZ Flash IV yet they still used them cuz its ''easier to remove'', I can remove a MiniSD just fine and haven't had problems with EZ4 yet.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That would be fine if this was a thread about purchasing but sadly, it is not.
MicroSD cards with MiniSD adapters are much easier to obtain leading to the purchase of these over MiniSD.

If you were trying to defend Yepi69:
Throwing around false information is ignorant, The OP asked for help, Yepi came in with nothing but his sorry excuse for a post.

You seem a bit disturbed by my comments, please let me laugh.

Also, I stand about what I said, either pins or not compatibility issues still happen.

You used the word "compatibility". That is false for the point you were trying to make.
Nice try though,
Maybe if you weren't so focused on being rude to posters you wouldn't post false information and in turn get upset when someone corrects you.
Relax Yepi, we are on the internet :P

Edit: Yepi, Recheck you comments next time.
You (have been proven) wrong, if they tried with a miniSD card first they wouldn't have such a problem, it has been warned that microSD's tend to have problems with EZ Flash IV yet they still used them (because) (it's') (")easier to remove("), I can remove a MiniSD just fine and haven't had problems with (my/the) EZ4 yet.

I don't think you know how this forum works.

Reactions: Coto

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
XD
Are you Yepi's Boyfriend? You two make a cute couple.
Your post as written is trying to say that his MicroSD was fried, correct?
Too bad that is a false statement, it is possible to fry any SD card but Epicelite has not given proof of this in anyway. Even if the adapter lined up the pins incorrectly there is a low chance of frying the card(By low I mean less than 50% chance)

Like you Boyfriend, you need to come with proof to back up your statements.
Have a lovely day friend!

i have no idea what the hell happened to the op's card and i have better things to do than to investigate the fate of his sd card. i just looked at the thread title and posted, that is all. have a life, it will really help.

Reactions: Coto and NEP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)