OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I was reading around. And was wondering if Snes or Master System are compatible with Ez-Flash IV GBA?

All of the reviews said limited 3rd party or homebrew compatibility, but they didn't say outright what works or does not work.

Anyone know from personal experience? Thanks alot.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find most of the emulators for GBA here but I'm afraid you will be disappointed overall. The GBA doesn't have enough power to emulate most games that are 16bit (SNES,etc). Last I tried one of the SMS/GG emulators I was able to play the Sonic games pretty well but I didn't try much else.

IHEARTSEGA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!!
biggrin.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's something I wrote up a while ago regarding SNES emulation on the GBA in response to another topic. Thus, the opening sentence is rather out of place, and the links may not work, but the basic idea remains the same:

QUOTE said:
For SNES Advance:
1. Download the SNES Advance package from SNESadvance.org
2. Grab the updated SuperDAT file (snesadvance.dat) from http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3366 and use it to replace the old one
3. Build your games, trying a simple one that's known to work like Super Mario World. Note that if a game has an entry in the snesadvance.dat file you'll see an asterisk (*) next to its name.
4. Test it in VisualBoy Advance to make sure it worked.
5. In-game, press A+B+Start+Select to set your options

For Snezziboy:
1. Download v0.26 from the Sourceforge homepage
2. Rename snezzi.dat to something else
3. Grab the updated SuperDAT file (snesadvance.dat) from http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3366 and rename it to snezzi.dat
4. Open both database files in Notepad and turn off Word Wrap
5. The shorter list is the one that originally came with Snezziboy and contains some fixes specific to Snezziboy - every other game can use the fixes from SNES Advance. Therefore, copy the entries for the games you wish to play from the shorter list into your new snezzi.dat file to create an uber-list. Make sure you actually search for the old entries in the larger list and replace them with the entires from the shorter ones, don't just add them to the end.
6. Drag-and-drop your SNES game onto snezzi.exe and it will output a *.smc.gba file for you to test in VBA.
7. In-game, press L+R+Start to set your options. You'll definitely need to set these for every game (but only once). The background layers often need fiddling, but you can use the L+R+Select+Up button combo in-game to scroll through a few known "good" combinations.

More info on the various Snezziboy settings can be found at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Snezziboy and I highly suggest you read it. Snezziboy appears at first glance to have horrible compatibility but usually you just have to fiddle with the settings to get a good number of games to work.

Compatibility lists for both emulators can be found here: SNES Advance, Snezziboy, Snezziboy #2.

Archangel12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I know it "should" run fine, but I want some first hand proof really. The solar patches work on most emulators on a computer, but for instance, the PSP emulator, and last I heard even the Iplayer for DS won't play the first Boktai with the Solar patch applied.

However no problems running the second and third games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Also another 70TB going in the front mount drive bays of this server. 182tb raw, going to...