EZ Flash IV Final Fantasy VI Save Problem

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by spencer5976, Oct 30, 2013.

1. spencer5976
    OP

spencer5976 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2013
    United States
    It will save, but if I play a different rom or power off my game gets deleted. I do use the client, I have tried gbatool to fix the header and logo, I'm on 1.720 firmware. I am using a rom patched with the sound restoration patch. I do own the cart but I would much prefer the SNES music. Thanks in advance.

2. bitbite

bitbite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2013
    Canada
    I've been using a EZ-Flash IV on 1.72 without any save problems playing FF VI, however I haven't used the sound restoration patch.

Do you patch before or after sending FFVI over to the SD card with the client?

3. spencer5976
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2013
    United States
    I used gbata to patch the rom with the sound patch. then transferred it over with the client. I also tried a Lunar IPS patched ROM as well.

4. bitbite

bitbite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2013
    Canada
    Do you apply the "Save Patch" and "Reset patch", and confirm upon reset that the EZ-flash is writing the save to the SD card?

5. spencer5976
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2013
    United States
    I do apply the save patch, but not the reset patch I prefer the hard reset method. Yes I let it save upon restarting. I may just have to play vanilla. Could you be kind enough to try a patched rom and see if you can save. If you need links I'll give them.

6. spencer5976
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2013
    United States
    Can I give you rep points somehow, I figured it out I was naming the rom Final Fantasy 6 Advance (E)(Music and Siren Restoration Hacks) too long. Now I call it Final Fantasy 6 Advance (E)(Hacks) and it works and saves.

By the way I just moved back to America from Alaska and Canada is amazing. What America should be.

bitbite likes this.
  7. bitbite

bitbite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2013
    Canada
    Oh, file name too long! Glad you have it working again :grog:

I believe clicking "like" next to the reply button is feedback.
    I didn't even know there are hack for FFVI, just stumbled across the color restoration mod while looking up your sound hack! Gotta try those out myself now!

:D

spencer5976 likes this.
  8. spencer5976
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2013
    United States
    Romhacking.net is one of my favorite sites, the hacks section and the translations sections have kept me busy for a while.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice