Hardware EZ Flash IV - Can't play Pokemon ROM hack

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've made a very simplistic pokemon hack. It plays fine on VBA but won't work when I transfer it to my EZ Flash IV (with an SD card). It simply goes to a white screen. any help?
Is the header ok? A bad header sometimes causes a white screen on the EZ IV. Try fixing it in GBATA. Failing that, try flashing to NOR. Some hacks and proto's only run from NOR on the EZ cards.

Proxy-Pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Is the header ok? A bad header sometimes causes a white screen on the EZ IV. Try fixing it in GBATA. Failing that, try flashing to NOR. Some hacks and proto's only run from NOR on the EZ cards.

Yeah the header was fine. I posted this thread because I failed to even get the NOR to work, and for a little bit I thought that I had a defective EZ Flash IV. It turns out that the latest firmware actually has a bug that makes flashing and deleting from the NOR impossible, and that's why I couldn't get it to work before. After downgrading one stable version behind, I managed to get it to work via flashing through NOR. thanks for the reply anyways :D

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah the header was fine. I posted this thread because I failed to even get the NOR to work, and for a little bit I thought that I had a defective EZ Flash IV. It turns out that the latest firmware actually has a bug that makes flashing and deleting from the NOR impossible, and that's why I couldn't get it to work before. After downgrading one stable version behind, I managed to get it to work via flashing through NOR. thanks for the reply anyways :D
My NOR works fine in the latest kernel (v1.770 at time of writing), flashing, deleting and formatting. Glad to hear you got it sorted though.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Proxy-Pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm I've began working on my own skin but for some reason it won't compile. It keeps saying that EZflash4.exe is not a valid Win32 application or something..
I had this error message when using the skinner on my Win XP (32bit) Laptop, but it works fine on my Win 7 (64bit) PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2